Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X vibrating on Gmails

Has anybody noticed that if you have the phone in vibrate mode, but in the Gmail app turn off vibration in the account settings, the phone still vibrates when you get an email? The only difference is that it seems that it vibrates less intensely.

Default Re: Moto X vibrating on Gmails

Hmmmmm...slight software glitch..or a setting overlooked somewhere? Mine doesnt do that....I keep mine on vibrate all day at work and it never vibrates for Gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by effreyj View Post
    Has anybody noticed that if you have the phone in vibrate mode, but in the Gmail app turn off vibration in the account settings, the phone still vibrates when you get an email? The only difference is that it seems that it vibrates less intensely.
    ~ Still Waters Run Deep ~

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Mine is that way too. The only thing I can think of is to remove Gmail from the Active notifications list.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Mine is that way too. The only thing I can think of is to remove Gmail from the Active notifications list.
    I want it to notify me with an Active Notification, just not vibrate every time I get an email. At least the vibration is less intense if you turn vibrate off.

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I want it to notify me with an Active Notification, just not vibrate every time I get an email. At least the vibration is less intense if you turn vibrate off.
    I understand that. I was just offering the only way around the notification vibrate.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

My moto x "dings" each time there is a gmail notification. I set my gmail notifications to silent & no vibrate, but it still dings with each notification. Ugh. Shall I assume the only solution is to remove gmail from notifications? That would stink.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by kellygh5 View Post
    My moto x "dings" each time there is a gmail notification. I set my gmail notifications to silent & no vibrate, but it still dings with each notification. Ugh. Shall I assume the only solution is to remove gmail from notifications? That would stink.
    It seems like it does whatever the phone settings are and not the Gmail settings...

I have all my settings set to silent & no vibrate except for the actual phone ring & text msgs. Both the ring & text are different notification sounds, but the gmail notification is not either one. It seemingly picked its own notification. Weird & annoying. Thank you for the feedback, effreyj.

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by kellygh5 View Post
    I have all my settings set to silent & no vibrate except for the actual phone ring & text msgs. Both the ring & text are different notification sounds, but the gmail notification is not either one. It seemingly picked its own notification. Weird & annoying. Thank you for the feedback, effreyj.
    Its might be using the default notification sound,as to where its getting the sound from. You can check and see if thats the same sound you are hearing by going to settings>sound>scroll the page down to System "default notification sound" will be first under that list, that might be the sound you are hearing.

Bless you, davidnc! You were right. I kept going to gmail address settings & general; however, it didn't occur to me to look in system settings rather than gmail. Sure enough, the default settings was set to the sound I was hearing. Now I get what efferyj was saying about the phone settings. Duh. Thank y'all both. I hope my issue is resolved!