Moto X getting 4.4.2?

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
So skipping 4.3 when they knew 4.4 was releasing soon makes them slow to bring updates? Interesting world you live in.

Posted via Android Central App
I live in a world where 4.3.2 was usable, and where 4.4 has a number of issues, making it not so much.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say that here. You'll be branded an apple lover who doesn't look for solutions lol
Heh heh. I am an Apple lover, but less so in recent years.

I don't have time or interest in discovery and implementation of work arounds. Just want all the new bugs fixed, a number of which seem like silly oversight.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I live in a world where 4.3.2 was usable, and where 4.4 has a number of issues, making it not so much.

Yet, that still doesn't reconcile the idea of Motorola being slow with updates. They got 4.4 out faster than any other OEM and even faster than it arrived for some Nexus devices.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yet, that still doesn't reconcile the idea of Motorola being slow with updates. They got 4.4 out faster than any other OEM and even faster than it arrived for some Nexus devices.
But it had 4.2.2 on it b4 that point, where Nexus had 4.3 along with a couple of updates.

Look, I wanna believe Moto X will get timely, regular updates just like you do; I am just not convinced of that yet.

I'm confident we'll get 4.4.2, but I would not bet a substantial amount of money we see substantially more than that.

Last edited:

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Right. I guess I, like others here, simply don't understand your logic.

And I don't care about 4.4.2.
You don't want the newly introduced bugs fixed, or have you just not run into them? Plenty have, even if you have not.

Let's revisit this thread in 9 months. I'll be thrilled to be proven out of line at that point.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You don't want the newly introduced bugs fixed, or have you just not run into them? Plenty have, even if you have not.

I don't suffer from the bugs, so right now I don't care about 4.4.2.

You may be right later; you may be wrong. All we know right now--and all I really asserted here in terms of update speed--is that Motorola was insanely fast with 4.4. That is not up for debate. Whatever you want to claim about the future...well, okay. Go ahead.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't suffer from the bugs, so right now I don't care about 4.4.2.

You may be right later; you may be wrong. All we know right now--and all I really asserted here in terms of update speed--is that Motorola was insanely fast with 4.4. That is not up for debate. Whatever you want to claim about the future...well, okay. Go ahead.
What are you asserting? One update? Clearly they are not insanely fast with 4.4.2. Even the moto g has received that first.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
The holdup on 4.4.2 in all likelihood has to do with the broken hotword detection in KitKat.
I'm pleased with Motorola so far. They've moved quite a few key features of the phone away from the carriers by releasing them on Google Play, just like Google is doing.
They are communicative with their customers via their blog and Google Plus.
They've listened to us regarding the voiding of warranties on developer edition phones with unlocked bootloaders.

Even if we have to wait a couple more months, we are STILL better off than people with Samsung or HTC phones waiting for their updates.

dilutedq

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
You'd think so. I think a lot of users migrated from Apple and they're trained not to look for solutions which deviate from what's preinstalled on the phone.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
That isn't an acceptable solutions when none of those sync contacts or they cost more money.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That isn't an acceptable solutions when none of those sync contacts or they cost more money.

What costs more money and won't sync contacts? Alternate email apps? There's Yahoo, and a bunch of others that are free and they'll all sync.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh, sorry, I was thinking sync as in receiving mail. I'm sure there are ways to export your contacts to another email app. You would need to tap menu (3 dots) and everything you'd need to set up would be listed there in settings on any alternate email app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol