Moto X getting 4.4.2?

Capostatuz913

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering is the kitkat 4.4 is the latest update that was released for the moto x? Or does anybody has a newest version 4.4.2?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: moto x getting 4.4.2?

I was just wondering is the kitkat 4.4 is the latest update that was released for the moto x? Or does anybody has a newest version 4.4.2?

4.4 is the latest update to moto X. 4.4.2 is minor and bug fix.... dont know if motorola has plans for 4.4.2 or go straight to L :)

dilutedq

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

4.4 is the latest update to moto X. 4.4.2 is minor and bug fix.... dont know if motorola has plans for 4.4.2 or go straight to L :)

4.4.2 is a major release that fixes major exchange/active sync issues. It is critical for people who depend on it for work. The fact that it's taken so long to be released is frustrating

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

4.4.2 is a major release that fixes major exchange/active sync issues. It is critical for people who depend on it for work. The fact that it's taken so long to be released is frustrating

Imagine the folks using last year's droids, promised kitkat, still running jb. Here we are with kitkat 19 days after release and running for 2 months now and 'it has taken so long' to get an incremental .2 bump to our current os. I say let's get the other devices onto the kitkat love! You know we'll be there some day.

-Moto X-

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site

Moto G got it, why not X?
Nexus 5 and 4 has it as well as all google edition phones,

4.4.2 is a major release and we don't have it puts us on same boat as jelly bean - outdated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

From what I've read the UK edition of the X is shipping with 4.4.2 so that means that the update itself is more or less done and we should expect to see it start to roll out "soon" in the US. I think the main reason for the delay simply was a combination of the issues with 4.4 for the new Droids and the holidays pushing things back for Motorola. Hopefully we will start to see emails about soak tests starting soon.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

UK 4.4.2 is stated to ship 2-1-2014.
Would think we get it before that but we shall see.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I swear, the incessant whining in the Android Community never will end. If you wanted 4.4.2 immediately, you should have gotten a Nexus. Go pick up a GS4 and then start complaining over updates.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Complaining?
My goodness aren't we the snarly one.
If this thread bothers you don't read it.
Which makes as much sense as your post.

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

At least you have Kit Kat. Up here in Canada were still running JB. Waiting for Kit Kat update still.

Optimizing my Moto X

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm not complaining. However, if I were promoting a "flagship" phone, it would get the best of EVERYTHING and get it FIRST.

But I'm not a CEO or marketing genius, so I guess I'll wait along with everyone else.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I think all the people in this thread frustrated about not getting 4.4.2 ..should not have gotten moto x ..switch to nexus 5 ..moto x is a carrier phone ..no matter how fast and how committed Motorola does its job they will always be delays because of carriers schedules and also you cannot expect every android point release ( even though it has couple of important fixes) to be pushed out to moto x in record time ..moto is definitely committed to sw updates there play store updates to various services consistently proves that

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

In the moto x community at Google+, Punit Soni responded to this same question ... 4.4.2 is definitely being prepped for the x.

Sent from my moto x using Tapatalk

efmw113

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I think all the people in this thread frustrated about not getting 4.4.2 ..should not have gotten moto x ..switch to nexus 5 ..moto x is a carrier phone ..no matter how fast and how committed Motorola does its job they will always be delays because of carriers schedules and also you cannot expect every android point release ( even though it has couple of important fixes) to be pushed out to moto x in record time ..moto is definitely committed to sw updates there play store updates to various services consistently proves that

I don't care if I am on the absolute latest version of Android, I just want the email app to work w/ my company's Exchange servers as I rely on that for work. The email worked wonderfully when I first got the phone but the 4.4 update killed the Exchange sync. It just so happens that the 4.4.2 update is supposed to address the Exchange bugs that 4.4 introduced. Exchange sync is a big deal for many people who use their phone for work.

Since the bugs are really more of an Android thing and not a Motorola thing, I would even settle for Google finally putting their email client in the Play Store so that they can deliver fixes/updates to it more quickly without having to deliver entirely new versions of Android which take longer to deploy.

anon(6267988)

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have exchange 2010 and office 365 emails on my moto x, and running fine. It was not syncing on my nexus 7 till the 4.4.2 update however. Strange that our affects some moto x users and not all.

Posted via my Moto X

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance but I assumed - and assumptions can be a very dangerous thing - that what is supposed to be Motorola's flagship phone was already on 4.4.2, at least in the States.

My "humble" Moto G located in a third world country - the UK - has recently been updated to 4.4.2, so why have you guys over there been left behind? (and I wish I had as well as I really don't like the update from 4.3).

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance but I assumed - and assumptions can be a very dangerous thing - that what is supposed to be Motorola's flagship phone was already on 4.4.2, at least in the States.

My "humble" Moto G located in a third world country - the UK - has recently been updated to 4.4.2, so why have you guys over there been left behind? (and I wish I had as well as I really don't like the update from 4.3).

No worries. The Moto X in the states received the 4.4 update before 4.4.2 was even released by Google. The Moto G was released after 4.4.2 was out, and so went directly to that instead of 4.4, a move that simply wasn't an option at the time the X received its 4.4 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463