Moto X getting 4.4.2?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
No worries. The Moto X in the states received the 4.4 update before 4.4.2 was even released by Google. The Moto G was released after 4.4.2 was out, and so went directly to that instead of 4.4, a move that simply wasn't an option at the time the X received its 4.4 update.
So perhaps might it have been the case that 4.4.2 was "ready" to update the G and not the X?

I'm only curious as you guys usually get everything first!

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So perhaps might it have been the case that 4.4.2 was "ready" to update the G and not the X?

I'm only curious as you guys usually get everything first!

Eh, not exactly. My guess is that Moto was really pushing to get a 4.4 variant to the G ASAP for sales and marketing purposes. Their developers were likely focused on getting everything set to update that phone, and since the X had already been updated to 4.4 almost entirely across the board (Rogers being the big exception), they were more concerned with getting a first update to the G rather than a second to the X.

Assuming they don't plan on just waiting to see the next release of Android (another 4.4.X), I'm sure Moto will be working on 4.4.2 for the X soon enough. It's not a huge update anyways - I'm honestly not too worried about my phone being on 4.4 still.

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just want Photosphere. It was the whole reason I was excited for 4.2, and when I bought the Moto X I didn't realize it didn't have it. I know I can download it, but it doesn't have the ability to upload them.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Moto X is always slow when getting updates. If this is your concern buy NEXUS device.... always motox will trail 1-3 months of android's latest.

Slow? It's true that the Moto X is going to lag behind the Nexus with updates in most cases but out of all the non-Nexus devices, the Moto X was the first to get 4.4. We got 4.4 just a few weeks after the Nexus 5 went on sale, just a week after the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 and even got it before the Nexus 4. I would hardly call that "slow".

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What's so interesting is that I have never heard of people having problems with exchange on the Moto X on KitKat until a couple of weeks ago. I have never had a problem and my college email comes through exchange. Shouldn't there be an email app to use from the play store that can suffice until the update comes along for those having problems?

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You'd think so. I think a lot of users migrated from Apple and they're trained not to look for solutions which deviate from what's preinstalled on the phone.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You'd think so. I think a lot of users migrated from Apple and they're trained not to look for solutions which deviate from what's preinstalled on the phone.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds about right.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
According to a member on xda forums he just received 4.4.2 on a Verizon moto x.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I saw that there is some questions though some things not adding up if you read though that thread.
I know there has been no talk yet of 4.2.2 being pushed out as of yet in the motorola forums.(MFN)Maybe that will happen next week but as far as that guy on xda already getting the update..... Well I dont know for sure if thats bogus or not .

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I saw that there is some questions though some things not adding up if you read though that thread.
I know there has been no talk yet of 4.2.2 being pushed out as of yet in the motorola forums.(MFN)Maybe that will happen next week but as far as that guy on xda already getting the update..... Well I dont know for sure if thats bogus or not .

Yes. Post about system updates that no one else has received should be taken with a grain of salt. However, when I had the OG droid RAZR I received the ICS update before anyone on xda or even my wife's RAZR at the time. So its possible the update accidentally slipped to a few phones and it will soon be released to everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Slow? It's true that the Moto X is going to lag behind the Nexus with updates in most cases but out of all the non-Nexus devices, the Moto X was the first to get 4.4. We got 4.4 just a few weeks after the Nexus 5 went on sale, just a week after the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 and even got it before the Nexus 4. I would hardly call that "slow".
But it never got any of the 4.3 releases, so in that time frame I'd say it was slow, or more accurately, non-existant.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
So skipping 4.3 when they knew 4.4 was releasing soon makes them slow to bring updates? Interesting world you live in.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance