ag free installed on its own?

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Some app just appeared on my Moto X called ag free after a reboot and things started to install from Google Play automatically. After Chrome updated and some others I noticed it installed. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it AVG Free Antivirus? AVG is a pretty well-respected security company. Could you or someone else have selected to install it from Google Play on your computer? If you're on the Google Play Store on your computer browser, you can select an app and install it to any of your devices. So is it possible someone else who has access to your Google account (like family) selected it to install, but to the wrong device?

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No, was not AVG. It was all lower case and I don't use browser to access Google play store. I have a DE edition rooted so I'm just going to revert back to a backup in recovery. Don't like that it installed in its own. Can't even see it under all apps in Google play store.

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Realized it was Autoguide.com forums app which recently updated and had a goofy new icon and splash screen at start up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith