Moto X: Anyone have their video recording stop abruptly?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an annoying problem that only rears it's head once in awhile. Sometimes when I am recording a video, the recording process will abruptly stop which obviously isn't too good for catching those one time moments. It happens so randomly that I haven't been able to find a common cause between incidents. It's rare, but often enough to be bothersome.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with the Moto X?

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone have their video recording stop abruptly?

Typically, what point of the recording does it stop? Beginning, end? Is it random? Are you trying to change settings while recording? Just trying to see what might be causing the problem to help you out - hopefully it's nothing major.

In the meantime, go into Settings > Applications > All > Camera and clear the cache. See if the issue appears to go away.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Typically, what point of the recording does it stop? Beginning, end? Is it random? Are you trying to change settings while recording? Just trying to see what might be causing the problem to help you out - hopefully it's nothing major.

In the meantime, go into Settings > Applications > All > Camera and clear the cache. See if the issue appears to go away.

It's rare but has done it since the day I got it so I am not sure that a cache clear will change anything but I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion. It happens more toward the beginning. And no I never try to change settings while recording.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

It's rare but has done it since the day I got it so I am not sure that a cache clear will change anything but I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion. It happens more toward the beginning. And no I never try to change settings while recording.

Posted via Android Central App
That's odd. Let us know what happens after you clear cache...hopefully it helps.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

That's odd. Let us know what happens after you clear cache...hopefully it helps.

Well, I tried another experiment first....I started taking lots and lots of video in order to pin the problem down more. And of course everything worked just fine. For days and days. But then last night, boom...it did it again at the 59 second mark.

I am not sure why clearing the cache would help when it had this problem out of the box, but I will try that and I guess I will contact Motorola as well as it should not be doing that. It's a very bad user experience. I take a lot of video. I can't have it cut out like this. It's got to be reliable. Like all my other phones have been.

Dylan Sopel

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 and recently this issue has started plaguing me as well. So far its happened 3 times since march 8th and 2 of those times were in one night while watching Paul McCartney. It stops recording and the screen shuts off or else it just shuts the screen off during a recording. I have no idea the fix.