Exchange Mail

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone NOT have any problems with Exchange mail and the latest Kit Kat found on the Moto X?
I read that some people are waiting for 4.4.2 to fix their Exchange problems. My shop is running Exchange 2010 server - if that matters.
I was thinking of buying an X but may wait 4.4.2 drops.

Thanks for your comments.

P.S. Also, judging from the camera pictures posted on the forum, the camera seems fine to me.
I have taken some pictures while inside of the AT&T store and most look fine on the screen, anyway.

-Rich

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
hi, I use exchange email all the time on my AT&T Moto X with 4.4 and I have no major issues. I do get the occasional "unfortunately email has stopped" error message but I am the IT administrator at my company who also manages the exchange 2010 server and I have no major issues with the integration. Coming from a iphone to the moto x I find the exchange integration passable and feature almost the same. I installed digical for my calendar duties on my moto x so most of my meeting request are handled through that app. I also have business cal but I go back and forth between that and digical as my favorite. Hope this helps and I'm sure others will report different results. Doug

P.s. I wanted to add a note about the camera. I agree with clocks that this camera is indeed bi-polar. I have a 6 year old boy who is always moving and Im not sure I have ever been able to take a non blurry photo with this phone. I cant believe how hard it is to get the camera sorted out on this device. I have taken long video captures of a concert over the holiday and that footage is pretty good and of good quality. I was not moving during this/

Last edited:

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The camera has it's moments (outside, well lit), and I would describe it as bi-polar. But it still cranks the ISO up way to high resulting in images that look like the dog picture I attached (taken in a normally lit living room, at night). I've posted this picture before because to me it highlights the software camera issue with the latest 4.4 version on the X - the ISO is 6000 in that picture.

Then I walked 10 feet and took a picture of some flowers in my kitchen and it turned out fine (although there was slightly more lighting).

Exchange also did not work for me on 4.4. After 10 hours or so it would stop receiving new emails and would drain the battery.

I returned my original X I bought before Christmas and should have my dev edition here this week. My plan is to fix the exchange issue by rooting/using the 4.4.2 exchange apks and to find a way to deal with the camera.

Hopefully 4.4.2 fixes both the exchange issue as well as tweaks the camera software some more.

Attachments

• IMG_20131216_184358268.jpg
    IMG_20131216_184358268.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20131216_201019606.jpg
    IMG_20131216_201019606.jpg
    766.5 KB · Views: 24

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone NOT have any problems with Exchange mail and the latest Kit Kat found on the Moto X?
I read that some people are waiting for 4.4.2 to fix their Exchange problems. My shop is running Exchange 2010 server - if that matters.
I was thinking of buying an X but may wait 4.4.2 drops.

P.S. Also, judging from the camera pictures posted on the forum, the camera seems fine to me.
I have taken some pictures while inside of the AT&T store and most look fine on the screen, anyway.

-Rich

looks like 4.4.2 is coming soon http://phandroid.com/2014/01/20/at-...zon-moto-x-has-been-updated-to-android-4-4-2/

anon(6267988)

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have both exchange 2010 and office 365 servers configured for my email, and have no issues whatsoever. I have the gsm unlocked moto x, if that makes a difference.

I love the camera.

Posted via my Moto X

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have is that my Sent folder displays messages by sender rather than recipient. This issue has been a persistent problem with the stock email app, and is also present on my Nexus 7 running 4.4.2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Where do you purchase the Dev edition from? I tried Moto Maker and I cannot find any info. How does it differ from the Unlocked GSM version?

I presume if you go to the Moto Maker site and select a carrier then the phone is not unlocked?

-Rich