Moto X aftermarket wireless charging?

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what you will see on this link

Universal Qi Wireless Charging Charger Receiver Tag Coil with Micro USB Head | eBay

It says "The listing below has been updated by the seller, but you can see the item you purchased."

I don't understand the question about how thin the connector is. It is a standard sized connector that fits in the micro USB port at the bottom of the phone. Are you asking how far it sticks out? Less than the case.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering. Any pics with it installed?

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering. Any pics with it installed?
Probably not, or at least, not for a while. That would require a lot more work than just snapping some quick shots and telling tapatalk to use them. Id have to use a real camera, download the photos, export them from iPhoto (which has gotten strangely protective) and then upload them to this site.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'll be modding mine to work with my Touchstone. See my sig for my Galaxy Nexus mod. Unfortunately, the Moto X will require soldering.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll be modding mine to work with my Touchstone. See my sig for my Galaxy Nexus mod. Unfortunately, the Moto X will require soldering.
Take pictures! And please post them if it works.

I have a bunch of old Touchstones that I would be happy to put back into service.

droeders

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Great post! My Moto X would be perfect if it had Qi charging built in, a better camera in low light, and a black back.

That said, your mod may fix one of my gripes, but I can't answer this question from looking at your pics. Is the USB port on the phone dedicated to the charger, or does the charger plugin have a female side where you can connect a USB cable (i.e. data transfer, USB OTG, etc) to the phone without unplugging the charger? If not, do you need to remove the case to free up the USB port for other uses? Let me know if this question isn't clear...

Thanks!

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Great post! My Moto X would be perfect if it had Qi charging built in, a better camera in low light, and a black back.
I got my black back installed, I find the HDR "on" works well in low light, I'm using my touchstone as a dock. All that's left is to get the inductive charging wired up. Battery life has been so good that I'm not in a big rush, but I miss the convenience of just setting it on the touchstone on my nightstand and waking up to a fully charged phone.

droeders

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
The charger occupies the usb port, and I need to remove the case to remove the plugin. It's not a clean solution.

That's what I thought. I found a picture of one of these on Ebay and wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something or had the wrong item.

Clearly not the cleanest solution, but far better than nothing. Thanks again for sharing.

droeders

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I got my black back installed, I find the HDR "on" works well in low light, I'm using my touchstone as a dock. All that's left is to get the inductive charging wired up. Battery life has been so good that I'm not in a big rush, but I miss the convenience of just setting it on the touchstone on my nightstand and waking up to a fully charged phone.

I have a developer edition, so the white back was my only option unfortunately. How difficult was it to replace the back? Did you beat up your phone at all while doing it? I've opened several iDevices, but they always seem to have marred edges or tool marks when I'm done.

I'll have to try the "HDR on" option in low light. Sometimes I get good shots, and sometimes they are very dim or washed out.

For the inductive charging: I assume you're going with the same solution as Puzzlegal, or are you doing some modding of the phone internally?

Agreed that the battery life is very good on this phone. I'm coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, which is notoriously tough on batteries. I love the wireless charging, but could do without if I wasn't afraid that I'll wear out my USB port like I have on 2 Thunderbolts.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I miss my Prē Touchstone charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87