- 260 Posts
Consumer Cellular Data rationing?
Although this is carrier specific it might not be just them.
Over the last couple of weeks I have found that roadblocks are in place for new users of data.[new customers]
New users must be configured on the back end.
This should be done automatically but it's not.
So people are calling tech support and being answered by receptionists who have no knowledge of tech.
They are then supplied with bogus APN settings which will not work if backend work is not done.
it takes a persistent customer with some tech knowhow in order to get to Level 2 of tech support.
Once there most know what has to be done and you stand a chance.
no guarantee however.
My question is:
Is this because CC doesn't have the bandwidth to go around and is in the process of acquiring it?
Is this SOP?
- 01-22-2014, 11:42 PM #2
- 260 Posts
Re: Consumer Cellular Data rationing?
Consumer Cellular is rated #1 wireless carrier by Consumer Reports for the last few years.
I guess it's possible that a batch of new hires are in training and this is the result.
Hard pressed to equate #1 ranking and this shabby customer support.
my thinking was it is a systemic problem...but...maybe not.
- By jfdrums in forum LG G2Replies: 34Last Post: 09-10-2016, 11:41 AM
- By Samuel Thayer in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 05-20-2015, 07:55 AM
- By cdahncke in forum T-MobileReplies: 5Last Post: 01-22-2014, 10:39 PM
- By Spicey-Ryan in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
- By genesstuff in forum Huawei Impulse 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2014, 04:23 PM