Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile speeds in San Diego.

I am thinking of switching from Verizon to T-Mobile and was wondering how fast T-Mobile's network is in San Diego. On Verizon I usually get between 15-20mbps. If you live in San Diego and are on T-Mobile can you let me know? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: T-Mobile speeds in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by RM83 View Post
    I am thinking of switching from Verizon to T-Mobile and was wondering how fast T-Mobile's network is in San Diego. On Verizon I usually get between 15-20mbps. If you live in San Diego and are on T-Mobile can you let me know? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App
    Not sure about speeds, I suspect they are about the same, but as much as I love T-mobile (which is why I switched), if the case of San Diego I would check coverage maps on something like Coverage Maps for Wireless Carriers - Sensorly for the areas you live work and travel in simply because of all the hills and canyons. It is a geographically challenging area, and I know my cousin has had issues with connectivity and where my mom lives I couldn't even get an LTE signal on my Moto X....in fact I could barely get any T-mobile signal at all which prevented me from switching her over like I wanted to.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: T-Mobile speeds in San Diego.

If people bother to submit them (not everyone does), Sensorly also has speedtests on the map within the application.

Looking at the app for T-Mobile LTE in San Diego, the typical speed test appears to be in the 20 down / 20 up range. There are a few outliers as high as 45 down, and a couple as low as 11 down. I encourage you to download the app yourself and explore it (and maybe upload some data for your current carrier in the meantime so others have good information to base their decisions on - I love Sensorly!)

Switching to 3G (Sensorly does not acknowledge HSPA and HSPA+ as "4G"), I'm seeing data in the 5 - 13 up / 2 down range.

I'm AT&T and on the other coast, so I can't attest to the accuracy of the tests I'm seeing. But I've found the coverage maps to be reasonably consistent and I submit speed tests on a regular basis, and they always seem to jive with my actual experiences.
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X 2013 -> Moto X 2014
    Tablet: Nexus 7 2012