People App

evan_adams

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to access the People app online / not on my X?

I have a ton of duplicate contacts and need to hide a lot of them. My finger is getting tired.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
log into your Gmail account, you can edit your contacts there. I'm sure that's the easiest way.

Alternately if you use Contacts+ it will import your contacts from your google contacts (including Google+), as well as from Facebook and Twitter. It has an option to merge duplicates (for example if you have Bob Smith's email, work phone, and mobile phone, but under 3 different entries, it will merge them into one entry. Plus if you have Bob Smith on Facebook, or Google+ it will also pull his profile picture in as well.

Have fun!

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
When in the People app while editing a contact, if you go to the menu there is a Join option. It will let you combine two (or more) contacts. Very useful for people who have Facebook, Google+ & Twitter entries.

Posted via Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I used a contact cleaner app that was all or nothing. Example, I had some couples where I had multiple entries for one spouse and to join them the app wanted to link their spouse too.

That join command is great, let's me pick and choose. Didn't realize it was there!

The app I used was still good for cutting down the number of contacts I need to join manually.

Sent from my Moto X

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Once you have joined contacts, you will have a Separate option available.
What contact cleaner app did you use?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Once you have joined contacts, you will have a Separate option available.
What contact cleaner app did you use?

I have Contacts+ which has a duplicate finder, and I used ContactsCleaner as well.
Both of those, If they want to join, say 3 entries, you can accept it or ignore it but you can't tell them to only join two of them.

Sent from my Moto X

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
My problem was that my previous HTC phones was really good at combining contact info from various sources without you really having to think about it, but I wouldn't realize that I might have added an email to a contact coming from Google and the added email was being saved as a phone contact. Also, HTC automatically imported Facebook info into the contacts, and probably stored all of that as phone (SIM) contact data regardless of the source of the contacts. So when I transferred contacts to the Moto, I had a lot of fragmented contacts.

Sent from my Moto X

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My problem was that my previous HTC phones was really good at combining contact info from various sources without you really having to think about it, but I wouldn't realize that I might have added an email to a contact coming from Google and the added email was being saved as a phone contact. Also, HTC automatically imported Facebook info into the contacts, and probably stored all of that as phone (SIM) contact data regardless of the source of the contacts. So when I transferred contacts to the Moto, I had a lot of fragmented contacts.

Sent from my Moto X
Weird, I had the opposite experience. On my Photon I had a problem with duplicate and fragmented contacts, and it drove me nuts, but there were way too many issues to clean it up by hand, and I didn't know there were apps to do that. All that seems to have gone away on the Moto X. I am actually missing a few contacts (which had been stored on the photon, rather than on my google ID) but all the G+, Facebook, etc. contacts have been conveninently rolled up into a single entry for each person. It is SO much easier to find people now, without all that clutter.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I had the opposite experience. On my Photon I had a problem with duplicate and fragmented contacts, and it drove me nuts, but there were way too many issues to clean it up by hand, and I didn't know there were apps to do that. All that seems to have gone away on the Moto X. I am actually missing a few contacts (which had been stored on the photon, rather than on my google ID) but all the G+, Facebook, etc. contacts have been conveninently rolled up into a single entry for each person. It is SO much easier to find people now, without all that clutter.

On my old Razr Maxx I have 479 contacts but on my Moto X I can only get 152 how do I get all my contacts over to my new cell