Extended Holiday Return Policy

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I just now found out any Moto X bought in December qualifies for an extended return policy through January 31st. I saw the deal for $299, and i began chatting with a sales rep who said yes i can return it still and buy one for the $299 price. I bought it during the Today Show promo, and i was wondering if you guys thought the 50 or 60 dollars i would save by doing this would be worth dealing with Motorola customer service. He says it will take between 7-10 days to process. I want to know what you guys think?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It is worth it to return it and save the cash. Shipping is free both ways as well. Plus it allows you to get a different color combo or the wood back if you choose.

Customer service has been great and I didn't have any problems with them whenever I contacted them.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I just now found out any Moto X bought in December qualifies for an extended return policy through January 31st. I saw the deal for $299, and i began chatting with a sales rep who said yes i can return it still and buy one for the $299 price. I bought it during the Today Show promo, and i was wondering if you guys thought the 50 or 60 dollars i would save by doing this would be worth dealing with Motorola customer service. He says it will take between 7-10 days to process. I want to know what you guys think?

They will give you a $70 accessory credit to compensate for the sale price if you don't return it. Some people have been able to get them to give a prepaid VISA instead of an accessory credit when they were still in the return period but there was a later sale.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I was a bit tired of my green back design so it was worth it to me. I originally wanted the wooden back so being able to get rid of the green and get a new wood back for even less than I paid for the phone I got a month and a half ago was well worth the effort to return.

I called yest and they sent me the return form last night. Packed it up and sent it away this morning. It was pretty easy return.

But I paid with a Moto credit account so it was worth it since its not any money out of my pocket. If you have to put $350 in limbo for a week it might not be worth it to you.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The return process for me was entirely automated through the website and I didn't have to call them once. I was very impressed with it to be honest. I ended up switching from the olive back to walnut and saved 25 bucks last week, I could probably do it again for another 25 or 50 bucks savings but I am happy with this one and think I'll just stick with it.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The return process for me was entirely automated through the website and I didn't have to call them once. I was very impressed with it to be honest. I ended up switching from the olive back to walnut and saved 25 bucks last week, I could probably do it again for another 25 or 50 bucks savings but I am happy with this one and think I'll just stick with it.

How did it work? Did you need a promo code?

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
How did it work? Did you need a promo code?

Yes I used one of the $50 codes that were around last week. 25-50=25 less 👍

To go from non-wood back to wood you have no other choice, they don't allow the switch any other way unfortunately.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I used one of the $50 codes that were around last week. 25-50=25 less ��

To go from non-wood back to wood you have no other choice, they don't allow the switch any other way unfortunately.

Nice, I did the same thing with one of the promo codes someone posted on this site. Excited for my new ebony back!

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
If anyone has an extra Valentines day promo code could you personal message me? Because I am gonna go through with returning it and saving the money

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for posting this! I found myself preferring the Nexus 5 and was going to sell my moto x at a loss, as I wasn't aware they had extended the return period for phones purchased last month. Thanks again!

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
how do you do it entirely through the website?

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So can anyone confirm if the Moto X I purchased on December 9th could theoretically still be returned? With the extended holiday return policy?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox