Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
01-27-2014 11:15 PM
67 replies
Like Tree7Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Well I just now found out any Moto X bought in December qualifies for an extended return policy through January 31st. I saw the deal for $299, and i began chatting with a sales rep who said yes i can return it still and buy one for the $299 price. I bought it during the Today Show promo, and i was wondering if you guys thought the 50 or 60 dollars i would save by doing this would be worth dealing with Motorola customer service. He says it will take between 7-10 days to process. I want to know what you guys think?
    Infinity likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    It is worth it to return it and save the cash. Shipping is free both ways as well. Plus it allows you to get a different color combo or the wood back if you choose.

    Customer service has been great and I didn't have any problems with them whenever I contacted them.
  3. #3  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasandroid1 View Post
    Well I just now found out any Moto X bought in December qualifies for an extended return policy through January 31st. I saw the deal for $299, and i began chatting with a sales rep who said yes i can return it still and buy one for the $299 price. I bought it during the Today Show promo, and i was wondering if you guys thought the 50 or 60 dollars i would save by doing this would be worth dealing with Motorola customer service. He says it will take between 7-10 days to process. I want to know what you guys think?
    They will give you a $70 accessory credit to compensate for the sale price if you don't return it. Some people have been able to get them to give a prepaid VISA instead of an accessory credit when they were still in the return period but there was a later sale.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasandroid1 View Post
    Well I just now found out any Moto X bought in December qualifies for an extended return policy through January 31st. I saw the deal for $299, and i began chatting with a sales rep who said yes i can return it still and buy one for the $299 price. I bought it during the Today Show promo, and i was wondering if you guys thought the 50 or 60 dollars i would save by doing this would be worth dealing with Motorola customer service. He says it will take between 7-10 days to process. I want to know what you guys think?
    I was a bit tired of my green back design so it was worth it to me. I originally wanted the wooden back so being able to get rid of the green and get a new wood back for even less than I paid for the phone I got a month and a half ago was well worth the effort to return.

    I called yest and they sent me the return form last night. Packed it up and sent it away this morning. It was pretty easy return.

    But I paid with a Moto credit account so it was worth it since its not any money out of my pocket. If you have to put $350 in limbo for a week it might not be worth it to you.
  5. #5  
    raiderep's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    The return process for me was entirely automated through the website and I didn't have to call them once. I was very impressed with it to be honest. I ended up switching from the olive back to walnut and saved 25 bucks last week, I could probably do it again for another 25 or 50 bucks savings but I am happy with this one and think I'll just stick with it.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderep View Post
    The return process for me was entirely automated through the website and I didn't have to call them once. I was very impressed with it to be honest. I ended up switching from the olive back to walnut and saved 25 bucks last week, I could probably do it again for another 25 or 50 bucks savings but I am happy with this one and think I'll just stick with it.
    How did it work? Did you need a promo code?
  7. #7  
    raiderep's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by effreyj View Post
    How did it work? Did you need a promo code?
    Yes I used one of the $50 codes that were around last week. 25-50=25 less 👍

    To go from non-wood back to wood you have no other choice, they don't allow the switch any other way unfortunately.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderep View Post
    Yes I used one of the $50 codes that were around last week. 25-50=25 less ��

    To go from non-wood back to wood you have no other choice, they don't allow the switch any other way unfortunately.
    Nice, I did the same thing with one of the promo codes someone posted on this site. Excited for my new ebony back!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    If anyone has an extra Valentines day promo code could you personal message me? Because I am gonna go through with returning it and saving the money
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    looking for a code here too. Anyone not using one?
    thanks guys
  11. #11  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmta View Post
    looking for a code here too. Anyone not using one?
    thanks guys
    Do you still need a code?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Yes I am looking for one if you can personal message it to me
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Thank you so much for posting this! I found myself preferring the Nexus 5 and was going to sell my moto x at a loss, as I wasn't aware they had extended the return period for phones purchased last month. Thanks again!
  14. #14  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderep View Post
    The return process for me was entirely automated through the website and I didn't have to call them once. I was very impressed with it to be honest. I ended up switching from the olive back to walnut and saved 25 bucks last week, I could probably do it again for another 25 or 50 bucks savings but I am happy with this one and think I'll just stick with it.
    how do you do it entirely through the website?
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    how do you do it entirely through the website?
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...696/reg/644015
  16. #16  
    omega1300's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    So can anyone confirm if the Moto X I purchased on December 9th could theoretically still be returned? With the extended holiday return policy?

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    So can anyone confirm if the Moto X I purchased on December 9th could theoretically still be returned? With the extended holiday return policy?

    Posted via Android Central App
    My order from 12/15 was approved for a return.
  18. #18  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    So can anyone confirm if the Moto X I purchased on December 9th could theoretically still be returned? With the extended holiday return policy?
    my order from December 2nd was approved for an accessory code.
  19. #19  
    omega1300's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    My order from 12/15 was approved for a return.
    Return for cash? Or return for credit only?

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    Return for cash? Or return for credit only?

    Posted via Android Central App
    You can't pay with cash so they wouldn't return it to you in cash.
  21. #21  
    omega1300's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    You can't pay with cash so they wouldn't return it to you in cash.
    I mean that credit back your card? Or they give you credit you can only use at the Motorola site?

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    I mean that credit back your card? Or they give you credit you can only use at the Motorola site?

    Posted via Android Central App
    About 99% sure that they will credit back your credit card. Not sure how they could get away with only giving store credit on a site that sells 2 products. But I have yet to receive my refund so I can't quite go up that extra 1% yet.
  23. #23  
    omega1300's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    About 99% sure that they will credit back your credit card. Not sure how they could get away with only giving store credit on a site that sells 2 products. But I have yet to receive my refund so I can't quite go up that extra 1% yet.
    Chatting with them now, I guess we'll see.

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    My return request says this, so it must be back to your credit card:

    Motorola will process your credit within 2 weeks from the date we receive your items. You can expect to see your credit on your next billing statement after the credit has been processed.
  25. #25  
    omega1300's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Extended Holiday Return Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by effreyj View Post
    My return request says this, so it must be back to your credit card:

    Motorola will process your credit within 2 weeks from the date we receive your items. You can expect to see your credit on your next billing statement after the credit has been processed.
    Thanks all, they confirmed its credit back to my card.

    So, does anyone know if the phone has to be there by tomorrow? Or just get the RMA issued?

    Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Google Apps Device Policy Issue (Galaxy S3)
    By jmsouthe in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 07:26 PM
  2. Returning to stock ROM [Sprint] on Cyanogenmod 11 to Ting Mobile
    By Pablo Escobar1 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 09:27 PM
  3. HTC Rezound: Want to return to stock but having severe issues...
    By Phillip Declet in forum Rezound Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 05:51 PM
  4. HTC One - Return to Stock
    By meekowave in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 05:26 PM
  5. HTC One - Return to Stock
    By meekowave in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions