Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Moto X reception on AT&T vs. iPhone 4S

Hey Everyone,

I have tried going to an Android from an iPhone a few times. I have tried all 3 of the Atrix phones thus far, and due to living in an area with only moderate reception, I end up switching back to my iphone. For some reason I am able to get service on my iPhone but the Motorolas always seem to have no service. Does anyone know if the Moto X reception is better, in comparison to an iPhone 4S? We do not have LTE on AT&T in the area as of yet. It is time to upgrade and want to try a Moto X, but scared on having no coverage. Thanks for your help!

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Well, my Moto X typically gets better reception than my wife's iPhone 5. The iPhone 4S could be different though. There are a lot of factors at play. The type of network, frequency, etc. No one can guarantee that it will be better, but I would be shocked if it was noticeably worse.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Moto X reception on AT&T vs. iPhone 4S

I am thinking of switching from AT&T to Verizon, just because Verizon is a stronger network in my area. Its tough thinking about switching carriers for the whole "grass is greener" idea especially when you have been with them for many years.

The Moto X has great radios and does get a good signal, however, the only way to know for sure is going to be for you to buy one and try it out in your area.
    Motorola Moto X beats the competition in LTE connectivity test
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    The Moto X has great radios and does get a good signal, however, the only way to know for sure is going to be for you to buy one and try it out in your area.
    Motorola Moto X beats the competition in LTE connectivity test
    First off Im on Verizon I have a X and G2 wife D4 Both D4 and G2 average -95dBm signal strength my X flips flops around from -98 to -101 or higher. Im in a strong signal area by Ohara airport. Im getting that new band 4 download speeds they are constantly 50Mb down and 12Mb up which has nothing to do with signal strength. What are you getting for signal strength?

Quote Originally Posted by jchan1982 View Post
    I am thinking of switching from AT&T to Verizon, just because Verizon is a stronger network in my area. Its tough thinking about switching carriers for the whole "grass is greener" idea especially when you have been with them for many years.
    That's a really bad idea, you will subject yourself to more expensive service, smaller selection of phones, and poorer updates as well as other Verizon shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    That's a really bad idea, you will subject yourself to more expensive service, smaller selection of phones, and poorer updates as well as other Verizon shenanigans.
    Gotta disagree AT&T is no cheaper than Verizon. May have a few more phones to choose from. Coverage I dont care what AT&T says they just dont have the coverage. Im on Verizon and have been for years but if I thought AT&T was better Id switch in a second. Its all about signal and you just cant beat Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    But if the coverage is better I think that's the most important thing. Who cares how many phones there are too choose from if you can't use them. We have Verizon and my sister had T Mobile and they have terrible coverage. She would drop calls in her house in the middle if town. We have never had a problem with coverage anywhere.

Posted via Android Central App