Stupid Kitkat changes help

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a unlocked X, broke it just got another thru insurance buts it's an AT&T version now, and it updated to kitkat which I didn't want.

The AT&T sign is permanent in the top left corner, there's no way to get rid of that

And now there's a lockscreen when i click the power button on I don't want anyway to change that?

Stupid kitkat

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To turn off the lockscreen, go to Settings>Security>Screen lock, and change it to None. And hope no one ever "borrows" your phone.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh thanks I just figured it was kitkat cause my old Moto X on 4.1 never had a lock screen or the att in the top left corner but yeah that's because of the carrier brand phone I have now

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's so stupid why would att make you keep their logo on ur status bar, ******* idiots

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's so stupid why would att make you keep their logo on ur status bar, ******* idiots

Are you sure it isn't some AT&T app that got installed with the update, like "My AT&T" or something like that? You know, to help you monitor your data usage, and check your bill, etc.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure it isn't some AT&T app that got installed with the update, like "My AT&T" or something like that? You know, to help you monitor your data usage, and check your bill, etc.

So are you saying it's not normal for an att Moto X to have the att letters always on the status bar at all times?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yet you know what a root is. Lmao.

Posted via Android Central App

Lol I'm not an ***** I just didn't upgrade to kitkat on my last Moto X because I liked how the phone was already so I didn't know if these annoying features were supposed to be there

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So are you saying it's not normal for an att Moto X to have the att letters always on the status bar at all times?

I can't really say for sure, since I don't have an X on AT&T. But I'm not aware of any cell provider routinely plastering its name or logo on the Nofitication Bar unless it has to do with some kind of app. I suggest looking through all of your apps in the App Drawer or in the Settings>Apps>All menu, and looking for some kind of proprietary AT&T app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the Sprint version and the only way I see it is when I drag the shade down.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hm I just went thru all the apps that were related to att and disabled and forced stopped most of them I didn't see anything that would have anything to do with the status bar att logo there. I'll have to ask someone with an att Moto X maybe everyone has it

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sprint version and the only way I see it is when I drag the shade down.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

That's exactly how my last unlocked no carrier Moto X was I got off Amazon was

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Outside of the branding - what exactly in KitKat don't you want? Honestly everything in KitKat was a good upgrade and my phone works MUCH better post-update.

It just seems like you may not really understand what the changes were. Lower memory consumption, more broad use of GPU rendering, real SMS client support, printing support, much better full-screen, the new file picker, tap and pay integration, audio streaming for longer playback, etc etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude