Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Default my widgets just disappeared

Has anyone else had this problem? I pulled my phone out of my pocket this afternoon and I noticed that my widgets on the different home screens had disappeared.

I don't think it is a case of but dialing or but erasing , but I have no idea how it happened.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: my widgets just disappeared

Just to be clear, are you talking about widgets like a clock widget, or are you talking about app shortcuts? And are you saying all shortcuts and widgets disappeared, or only some?

All my direct dial in a folder disappeared a couple days ago. Had the redo them. Lost the google search bar about the same time. Had gotten a remove x in red letters at the top of the screen that I could not make go away. Probably had something to do with at least part of it! Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    30,967 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

In this case, something like Nova and backing up your launcher would make this a little easier. Just restore the backup and you are good to go.

Happens once in a while when and app with a widget updates in the Play Store. I think it's and Android bug honestly.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with techitrucker. Are most of these widgets from one particular 3rd party app? If so that app probably did get auto updated by the Play Store.

I was surprised this bug is still around with Kit Kat. It's the most annoying Android bug I know of.

Sent from my Moto X
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

The only widgets I had on the home screens were Google's Gmail, Notes, and the Moto X calender. They occupied the full screen.

The only time my widgets disappeared was when I booted into safe mode once.When I booted back into normal mode they were still gone,. I fiqured that happened since 3rd party stuff is disabled in safe mode,but that was only time it happened. I dont know why they didnt reappear when I rebooted in normal mode, I just had 2 widgets so just added them back.

I didnt really have a reason to boot into safe mode just did for grins,lol
    dmark44 likes this.