Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By svenEDGE
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to clean dirty Moto X?

I have had my olive Moto X for about 2 or 3 weeks and it's already pretty dirty. I'm not a dirty person and keep my things clean. I would like to know if anyone has found a way to clean this off. I have tried rubbing alcohol and that didn't work. Any suggestions?
    X X X
    m.c.rime likes this.

Default Re: How to clean dirty Moto X?

The Verge used a Mr. Clean magic eraser. I can't vouch for it though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

+1 On the Magic Eraser. If that won't remove it without damaging the surface nothing will.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

Maybe you could try boiling water then using a thick paper towel like Scott towels or whatever. Just dab the paper towel slightly in the water and wring it a little.. Just want it to be a little moist but mostly very hot and humid. Spray a dab of alcohol on the paper towel while you're at it and give it a good scrub. Turn the phone off for the heck of it you'd like.

I haven't tried this personally but it's cheap and it's worth a shot.

Thanked by:

CLR it.

Thanked by:

I would also try the magic eraser. They get black stuff off my white kitchen cabinets that won't come off any other way.

Thanked by:

This is the problem with the soft touch light colors for moto x, I had the same issue with my royal blue color. Magic eraser did not work. You should try to call Motorola and see if they can exchange it under warrantee.
    You should avoid olive, royal blue
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try these out and I'll report back on which method works!
    X X X

Rubbing alcohol works well on my white woven cover.

I had the same issue on my royal blue Moto X. When I called customer support they said it is not covered under warranty but they offered to send me a free case. I ended up returning my phone for a refund so I could get one with a wooden back.

And for what it's worth, my wife has the crimson back and it does not get dirty like this. It still looks really good. It seems like some backs are more prone to wear in this way.

If it can't be cleaned? Can I just put a skin on it? Or it won't stick on the back of the royal blue moto x, since it has a rubberized sort of material?