- 1,720 Posts
Moto X: Loving Active Display, but can it be customized?
Got my AT&T Moto X on Monday, and I have to say that I really love Active Display. It's such a friendly way to display notifications, and I like being able to check the time just by moving the phone a bit.
What I'd love even more is a way to customize it, at least just a little. Adding things like battery percent, current date, and maybe temperature and a brief summary of the weather would give me everything I currently need to unlock my phone to get at, all at a glance.Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X 2013 -> Moto X 2014
Tablet: Nexus 7 2012
- 01-29-2014, 10:27 AM #2
- 449 Posts
Re: Loving Active Display, but can it be customized?
No, unfortunately. They designed Active Display for showing new alerts rather than continuously updating information. Otherwise the phone screen would always be breathing at you.
Apps can give that kind of info on your lock screen or your notification shade/pull down, which will save you from fully unlocking your phone. Dash Clock would be a good app to look at for the lock screen. Others can give you information in the notifications or status bar. That would be about halfway what you want.
Sent from my Moto X
- 01-29-2014, 12:07 PM #3
- 01-29-2014, 12:33 PM #4
- 01-29-2014, 01:10 PM #5
- 01-30-2014, 10:12 AM #7
- By rollinwit9 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 35Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:54 PM
- By monicakm in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 21Last Post: 02-06-2014, 09:34 AM
- By kenzikat14 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2014, 02:59 PM
- By ric barbar in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:35 PM
- By belondon in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2014, 10:21 AM