Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    someguy01234's Avatar

    Posts
    1,817 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,820 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Moto X water resistance?

    I just watched this video of Erica Griffin soaking the Moto G in water for 30min and it still work. I wonder if the Moto X come with similar ability. I'm getting mixed results from Google so I want to make sure if it also have the nano coating like the Moto G?

  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    701 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Moto X water resistance?

    Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    I just watched this video of Erica Griffin soaking the Moto G in water for 30min and it still work. I wonder if the Moto X come with similar ability. I'm getting mixed results from Google so I want to make sure if it also have the nano coating like the Moto G?

    Last night i was watching a programe in discovery name technoloy.... ??? I can't remember it what it was but they have showed that you have to give your device to them and what they are going to do is they would put some sort of liquid coating in it and it will become completely waterproof ! viola I was completely amazaed and i am getting a feel that they are doing the same thing or....... ???
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    someguy01234's Avatar

    Posts
    1,817 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,820 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Moto X water resistance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Last night i was watching a programe in discovery name technoloy.... ??? I can't remember it what it was but they have showed that you have to give your device to them and what they are going to do is they would put some sort of liquid coating in it and it will become completely waterproof ! viola I was completely amazaed and i am getting a feel that they are doing the same thing or....... ???
    Yes there are third party services that can do that for you, such as Liquipel www.liquipel.com

    But I want to know if the Moto X come with something like it since they doesn't specifically advertise it.

    sent via tapatalk
  4. #4  
    TechTinker's Avatar

    Posts
    517 Posts
    Global Posts
    525 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Moto X water resistance?

    Motorola phones have came nano-coated for quite a while, its not fully resistant, but should be able to protect the insides from a spill .
  5. #5  
    Chase Lilly's Avatar

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Moto X water resistance?

    Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Yes there are third party services that can do that for you, such as Liquipel www.liquipel.com

    But I want to know if the Moto X come with something like it since they doesn't specifically advertise it.

    sent via tapatalk
    Yes Moto X has the same coating as the Moto G. There are video's with the Moto X going under and working too but not for 30 minutes.
    I would get either of these wet on purpose. It is not meant to be submerged on purpose like that.

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint Moto X on Page Plus?
    By tgp in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 03:50 PM
  2. WTT: ATT Mint Moto X 16gb white
    By Photon4glover in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 10:01 PM
  3. Weekly Photo Contest: Water
    By Andrew Martonik in forum Photo Contests
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 11:58 PM
  4. Updates on moto g after Motorola being sold?
    By ddonahueiup in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions