How to change default on Note To Self - task manager?

Pat8

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Just moved to a Moto X after years of iPhone. The thing I miss the most is the ability to add quick notes to a list by voice. "Add 'milk' to my grocery list", "Add 'bank' to my errands list", etc. I used this feature in Reminders many times a day.

I've found "Note to Self" with Google Now and it's set to send notes to my gmail account. That's fine but I then have to process those into some sort of a list. I've got Wunderlist right now.

So, my questions are:
1. Is there any app that works with Google Now that allows you to send notes to a specific list without further processing?
2. If there is no app that allows this and hooks into Google Now, is there a way to change the default action of "note to self" so that the notes get sent to Evernote? I've searched all over the web trying to find a way to get to the task manager so that I can reset the default but can't seem to find anything.

Update: I kept digging and found that I could reset the default action of Note to Self by going to Settings - Apps - scroll down to Gmail (which I had made the default action a couple of days ago) - under Launch By Default about halfway down the page choose Clear Defaults. Once you've done this you need to set up a Note to Self by using "Ok Google Now" command, say "Note to Self, Test". This will create a note that has been saved. On that same screen you then have the choice to edit the note. If you touch this it will give you a choice of Gmail and any other app that it can see, like Keep or Evernote. I was able to switch the default back to Evernote.

Still looking for a list app that Google Now will hook into, if anyone knows of one.

Last edited:

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
You might try Google Keep. I don't know if it would have this feature though. I came from iPhone too and like Keep as my alternative to Notes but I never used Siri to make my notes. I never found anything that would sync with the notes in Gmail but I never asked about it. Just looked in the Play Store. Sucks because all of my Notes from Apple are in my Gmail notes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay