Moto X on AT&T
Does the Moto X on AT&T have the 1700 band for T-MOBILE'S HSPA+ NETWORK.? Looking to purchase it off contract and unlock it to use on T-Mobile's Network.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-01-2014 at 12:38 AM.
- 01-31-2014, 09:16 AM #2
- 02-01-2014, 12:36 AM #3
Re: Moto x on att
If your going to buy off contract why not buy the T-Mobile version to begin with? It is factory unlocked and has all the bands to get LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile. I purchased the T-Mobile one to use on AT&T and the plus side is that the phone has no carrier branding on it at all.
Posted via Android Central App
- 02-01-2014, 01:00 AM #4
- 1,492 Posts
Re: Moto x on att
There is no reason at all to buy the AT&T version of the Moto X whatsoever. It is both sim locked and bootloader is not able to be unlocked (it might not be needed, but if Moto X no longer get updates in the future, not being able to unlock the bootloader to manually update the phone can be a bummer), lacks 1700MHz support for T-Mobile 3G, and have AT&T logo.
The Unlocked/T-Mobile version support all the bands required to work on AT&T (LTE band 2/4/17). It is pentaband 3G like Nexus phones so it'll get 3G anywhere around the world. Its sim unlocked and bootloader is unlockable. It lacks AT&T bloatwares, probably will get updates faster than AT&T version. So it's a no brainer.
- 02-01-2014, 10:11 AM #5
- 02-01-2014, 06:33 PM #6
- By redbourn in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 16Last Post: 02-05-2014, 05:50 AM
- By fightcrazy in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 01-31-2014, 07:35 PM
- By Victor Zhu1 in forum HTC One MiniReplies: 6Last Post: 01-31-2014, 06:15 AM
- By NachoLibre123 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 01-31-2014, 05:45 AM
- By AdnanNisar941 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 7Last Post: 01-31-2014, 01:34 AM