Just sold my Note 3

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Consider me a convert. As the thread title suggests I sold my Note 3 and picked up a 32 gig Moto Maker X. Already rooted send running Verizon's 4.4 release with gravity box. While I do slightly miss the screen real estate and having 96 gigs of memory I really love the Moto X. This phone is just, well, right... I did hesitate with the Lenovo purchase announcement but decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on it anyways. Black face olive drab back with black accents. :)

sent from my thumbs...

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I came from a note 2. I liked the size of the note 2, but sometimes I wished I had a smaller phone. The moto x feels like the perfect size to me. I also love the near stock android on the moto x compared to touchwiz.

Posted via Android Central App

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Converted too.. Note 3 going on sale this week though I'm making the switch to T Mobile from AT&T. Ebony back with black face and red accents

Posted via Android Central App

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
While I do slightly miss the screen real estate and having 96 gigs of memory I really love the Moto X.
yeah, there is no denying that GNote 3 screen is a dazzler. But you get free 50GB of Google Drive storage with your Moto X! Don't forget to activate it!

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 3 X's this past Saturday.

A 16GB textured black/black/Black for my dad, 16 GB turquoise/white/blue for my mom and 32GB ebony/black/silver for me.

I'm not sure I'll let my Note 3 go once the X's arrive though. I actually use most of its features.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered 3 X's this past Saturday.

A 16GB textured black/black/Black for my dad, 16 GB turquoise/white/blue for my mom and 32GB ebony/black/silver for me.

I'm not sure I'll let my Note 3 go once the X's arrive though. I actually use most of its features.

Please sell the Note 3, and then you will be all Moto X... :D :D

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It killed me to let mine go, but once I had my Moto X, I just wasn't using the GNote3. And since the SIM cards aren't the same size, it was a pain to switch back and forth between them - I had to log online and enter the SIM card number to do it.

I know I could have gotten an adapter for the nano SIM so it would fit in the GNote3 but the SIM card slot in the GNote3 was so darn hard to pull the SIM out of without an adapter so I don't know how that would work with an adapter.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No one gave a real reason other than smaller size for switching. I am getting a GNote3 or a MotoX as they are the 1 and 2 andy phones right now. I like customization but I like the screen real estate too. So I am on the fence. Where there any tangible reasons you ditched your GNOTE3 for an X?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
No one gave a real reason other than smaller size for switching. I am getting a GNote3 or a MotoX as they are the 1 and 2 andy phones right now. I like customization but I like the screen real estate too. So I am on the fence. Where there any tangible reasons you ditched your GNOTE3 for an X?

For me they were stock android, faster updates, kitkat, active notifications, better optimization(less lag).

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Like elvisgp, stock android was important to me and my Moto X had less lag and a better radio than the GNote3, which meant fewer dropped calls, faster data speeds and the ability to hold onto a 4G LTE signal better. I also wanted a Dev Ed on Verizon so I could unlock the bootloader and Samsung was supposed to release one but did not, at least not yet. Motorola Assist is awesome as are the Moto X's touchless controls.

The biggest downside of the Moto X is that the camera is not as good as the GNote3. The GNote3's screen is fantastic, too, but it is a large device and as a daily driver, especially when I work out/jog, it is cumbersome.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I would say get the X. Better hardware/software combo. Helps to make the device run smoothly.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The screen real estate was nice but the phone didn't feel as fluid as the X. Also it was just cumbersome to use the note 3. No one handed operation, ever. The features the note has were cool but other than spen they were fluff to show off. Touchless control and active notifications are features that bake day to day use awesome. Also I grew tired of the bloated touchwiz software and wanted as close to stock as I could get on Verizon.

sent from my thumbs...

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a note 2 but I'm considering the moto x. My big hesitation is that it seems soooo much smaller. Was it hard adjusting from the note to the x?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I too am a convert from the N3! Loving the X! It's an awesome device!!
@knowlivelove516 - I will not lie, yes, it was a rough transition going back to a smaller device. But EVERYTHING else about the x is so amazing it made me want to adjust!! About a week later and I like the size. It's really nice having a phone you can one-hand again ... Can slide easily in and out of your pocket, etc

Tapatalked via my moto x

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
All the GNote3's lag compared to the Moto X. Put it next to the Moto X and you will see what we are talking about. Touchwiz is the problem.

I have had both. The X and the note 3 run fast. I would not say one is slower than the other by any means. That said, look what the X can do with minimal specs. TouchWiz is a beast and needs freaking hardware to run all that code lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had both. The X and the note 3 run fast. I would not say one is slower than the other by any means.
I have had both, too and tested them side by side. The Moto X loads pages faster and there is no noticeable lag but with the GNote3, there is sometimes. Moto X also beats GNote3 in data speedtests, too.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Why do people not let people share their own experience without clamoring why they are right and everyone else is not? Dude, let it go. You don't have to convince me of anything. I have had both. Went with the Note 3.....would not have if it lagged lmao. Besides, both great phones....hopefully the Chinese can make the Moto X a world contender.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Why do people not let people share their own experience without clamoring why they are right and everyone else is not? Dude, let it go. You don't have to convince me of anything. I have had both. Went with the Note 3.....would not have if it lagged lmao. Besides, both great phones....hopefully the Chinese can make the Moto X a world contender.
YOU need to let it go. You responded to me first, remember? I was just pointing out the basis for my original statement.

Geez, relax.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar