Moto X: Headphones don't work ONLY on phone

yeowzuhx3

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
The aux jack in the car works fine. The jack is NOT dirty. The headphone works on my cheap Sansa mp3 player yet when I try to use them on my new $500 Moto X the music player (whether on Pandora or internal storage) will not play. The app opens fine but for some weird reason will not play. I don't use the voice command because I've read that it has issues. But when I press the arrow, I get a millisecond of sound then it pauses again. It worked fine 2 days ago and I have not installed any updates this week that I know of. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. The piece of c**p Samsung I just got rid of was riddled with issues but it at least worked with the headphones. If I had not paid so much for the device I would have thrown it in the garbage.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

mojofusion

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Headphones don't work ONLY on phone

Sorry man. I had a pair of headphones with a mic built in. The jack on the moto x is not built for that and I had to use something without a mic built in. Works better now.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Sorry man. I had a pair of headphones with a mic built in. The jack on the moto x is not built for that and I had to use something without a mic built in. Works better now.

I use headphones with a built-in mic and don't have any issues at all.

Seadna

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Hi
I have the exact same problem as you (same description of the play, pause, play, pause crap) but my Moto only does this when plugged into the AUX jack for the car. I wonder if I'm using the wrong type of jack? Very annoying indeed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX