Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Ability to Copy Image to Clipboard???

Apologies if this has been posted/answered before or if I'm completely overlooking some mundane functionality, but I just switch from an iPhone and I'm looking to copy an image in my gallery to the clipboard, and paste in any one of a number of applications (in this case a reply in a facebook post).

Normally I would push and hold and a screen would appear asking "copy to .... clipboard" but it does not appear to be the case. For an alternative, I've tried to share to Keep, save image in different folders in my phone, email it myself and try and copy it, but no luck. It's not as easy as "Share via Facebook" because there isnt an option to have the picture go anywhere but a new post.

Am I completely missing something, that there is no option to copy an image to the clipboard?

Note - I'm completely up to date software wise.

Thanks ahead of time.

Default Re: Ability to Copy Image to Clipboard???

You use the Share function to do this. When you select the photo in gallery, use the Share icon (looks like a sideways V with dots on the end: <) and then select the app to send it to.

Sent from my Moto X

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmark44 View Post
    You use the Share function to do this. When you select the photo in gallery, use the Share icon (looks like a sideways V with dots on the end: <) and then select the app to send it to.
    I think he knows that works to make a separate new post with his image. He wants to put his image in a reply on a post that has already been created on Facebook, not as a new post. I quit using Facebook months ago, before I got my Moto X, so I don't have it installed to try myself.

Sorry. I didn't know you could do that in iOS. I have an iPad, but my wife is the one logged in to Facebook on it.

Sent from my Moto X

The problem isn't the clipboard. The Facebook app is missing the function. You can insert pics on the FB mobile web site.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the note all. I'm just surprised that there's not a native way to copy photos to a clipboard, which in my mind would maximize functionality. Not even that I'm dead set on posting a stupid picture to facebook, I'm just surprised that the functionality doesn't exist from a phone software perspective.

FYI I attempted to do it via the Facebook website (and I also understand Facebook's app and webpage shortfalls in this), and it returned an error posting image to site. This was regardless of type of photo attempted (screenshot, camera photo, or saved image) and connection (wifi and 4G).

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastguy View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted/answered before or if I'm completely overlooking some mundane functionality, but I just switch from an iPhone and I'm looking to copy an image in my gallery to the clipboard, and paste in any one of a number of applications

Anything you copy is sent to your clipboard, you just have to paste (long press/touch) to bring up the option to paste or go to your clipboard.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastguy View Post
    Thanks for the note all. I'm just surprised that there's not a native way to copy photos to a clipboard, which in my mind would maximize functionality. Not even that I'm dead set on posting a stupid picture to facebook, I'm just surprised that the functionality doesn't exist from a phone software perspective.

FYI I attempted to do it via the Facebook website (and I also understand Facebook's app and webpage shortfalls in this), and it returned an error posting image to site. This was regardless of type of photo attempted (screenshot, camera photo, or saved image) and connection (wifi and 4G).
    Well this option is available on the Galaxy S models but this native version of Android is missing the functionally. I also have several other options that were available on the S3 that is NOT available on the moto x. For one I can't get to the clipboard at all on the x.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Am I missing something?
    When you are commenting on a facebook post, a camera icon is on the left side of the text box that you type. When you click it, it allows you to add a picture from galleries.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

If you go to your gallery and screen shot the photo it will upload to your clipboard. I had this same problem 2day and that did the trick.

Posted via the Android Central App