Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Has anyone else had this happen with app updates?

Has anyone had this happen with app updates? (And at first I thought I was just misremembering what I had done, but I made a point of paying attention now and I see it's happening quite a bit). I will get a notice that some apps on my X have updates available, most recently it happened with Twitter and the NY Times. I download the updates. I have Lookout installed and it does its thing and says the apps are safe, so I see they were actually downloaded. Then a day later, maybe two, I will get a prompt again that the same apps have an update available. When this first started happening, I thought maybe there was a tweak they needed to make, but the change log seems to be the same as the one from a few days earlier, and it's happening at least once or twice a week. Would there be that many tweaks? Is the phone somehow not installing the updates the first time, or is it something else?

Default Re: Has anyone else had this happen with app updates?

This does happen from time to time. I believe they are additional updates, but usually with just a couple of minor tweaks that they didn't bother listing in the What's New section.

I have also noticed this. There been several times where I update an app and the next time I check the App Store [which is a couple of hours] I see an update for the same app. I just update it again.

It's happened to me as well

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I noticed it to but I think it is just addtional updates.I usually check out the version number/ and date of the newest update, or if it was a frequent update just remember. This happends with the TapaTalk app frequently,once it updated twice in the same day but it was actually 2 diffrent updates.Thoses Tapatalk people ha .

Default Re: Moto X: Has anyone else had this happen with app updates?

I do get an occasional bug where a recently updated app is listed as having an update again, but when you select the app there's an open button instead of an update button.

Sent from my Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    This does happen from time to time. I believe they are additional updates, but usually with just a couple of minor tweaks that they didn't bother listing in the What's New section.
    +1 usually minor bug fixes
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

It's probably a case of a company rolls an update out and then needs to release a follow up update to fix bugs introduced by the first update.
    Droid->Droid Bionic->Galaxy S4->Moto X (black/black/yellow)->Moto X (ebony/black/yellow)

My NYTimes app updated twice in two days--first to add an Olympics section, then to fix minor bugs.