Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email not Syncing without Wi-Fi

I installed k-9 mail for my home, pop, email account to cut out the frustration of not being able to 'delete all' from trash and deleted trash reappearing in inbox. Prior to k-9, I was using stock mail and never had an issue with email syncing. K-9 worked great for several days, but it quite syncing emails unless I was on my home wi-fi. Removed K-9 after being unable to resolve the issue; however, my stock email (earthlink) no longer syncs either. I've checked the server settings, rebooted, and checked & rechecked all my account settings. Gmail syncs just fine. Any suggestions? I've never had so many pesky, little email issues on an Android phone. Thank you for reading.

Default Re: Email not Syncing without Wi-Fi

Had similar issue on different phone after updating to Lollipop...

Lots of research, lots of potential solutions. I found lots of stuff regarding restriction of background data and maybe that's your issue but try checking your APN settings first. For me I needed to have the APN protocol set to IPv4/IPv6 (it was set to just IPv6).

Good Luck!

HTC OneM8 (T-Mobile)
    Running ViperOneM8 4.3.0