Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google drive help

I have uploaded music to Google drive on my computer. I can see the music on my phone. My question is, how do I listen to it? I feel so dumb, but can not figure it out. I don't want to put it on my phone... .just stream it. I have unlimited data.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google drive help

Download Google music manager on your computer, and us the Google Play Music app on your phone. The Play Music app should include your uploaded music in your library, allowing you to stream it.

If the app doesn't see your uploaded music then you should use Music Manager to re-upload your music.

Even though Google Play Music uses your Google Drive space, it is not managed using the Google Drive app or the Drive Web interface.

Sent from my Moto X

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

You need to use Music Manager on your computer and point it to your music folder. It will automatically upload all your music to Google Play Music. Then you can open Play Music on your phone/tablet or in browsers on other computers and stream all your music as if it is on your device.
    https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1229970?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by marki86 View Post
    I have uploaded music to Google drive on my computer. I can see the music on my phone. My question is, how do I listen to it? I feel so dumb, but can not figure it out. I don't want to put it on my phone... .just stream it. I have unlimited data.

use google play music. drive is for documents
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the replies. I don't feel quite as dumb now. Will work on Google music this weekend.