Default Messaging app issues

marktrav44

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello I recently purchased a unlocked t-mobile Moto X and love it except for one issue.
I personally enjoy using Textra as my default messaging app. When I restart my phone notifications come up on the stock messaging app for every text message my phone has received since switching to Textra. The only way I can dismiss the notifications is if I switch the default messenger back to the stock messenger. Has anyone else seen this error, or come up with a fix.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello I recently purchased a unlocked t-mobile Moto X and love it except for one issue.
I personally enjoy using Textra as my default messaging app. When I restart my phone notifications come up on the stock messaging app for every text message my phone has received since switching to Textra. The only way I can dismiss the notifications is if I switch the default messenger back to the stock messenger. Has anyone else seen this error, or come up with a fix.

I would just disable stock messaging app. thats what i did and i am using hangouts now.. like the all in one solution

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I remember this happening when I got mine and switched to Hangouts. Drag Messaging to the top for App Info and deselect "Show notifications". I think this is how I made mine stop at the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995