Moto X: I love this phone

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got my new unlocked 32 GB Moto X yesterday. It is replacing an iPhone 5 and is my first Android. I've been using iPhone since they first came out. I've grown tired with iPhones poor battery life and just wanted a change.

I really like this phone. I like it and Android so much already I'm thinking about selling my iPad and getting an Android tablet of some type. Still trying to figure out which of the 10 inch versions are the best.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just wanted to say I love this phone! I ordered it on Saturday and got it on Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: I love this phone.

Good to hear. I have no complaints on mine either. While the camera isn't GREAT, it's serviceable for the purpose it's supposed to serve. If I want a good picture I'll take my Canon EOS-M out and use that.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got my new unlocked 32 GB Moto X yesterday. It is replacing an iPhone 5 and is my first Android. I've been using iPhone since they first came out. I've grown tired with iPhones poor battery life and just wanted a change.

I really like this phone. I like it and Android so much already I'm thinking about selling my iPad and getting an Android tablet of some type. Still trying to figure out which of the 10 inch versions are the best.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just wanted to say I love this phone! I ordered it on Saturday and got it on Thursday.

Congrats! Glad you're enjoying the phone.
I wish I had a Moto X :-\

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It really is a great phone. I am glad that this is your first Android experience. It's the best of Android imo vs other makers who tend to screw with the OS too much. I think if the marketing was there, this could be right up there with Apple in popularity. My optimism is telling me that Levono will keep the players in place and make it that "gotta have device"

Posted via Android Central App

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Thanks! I'm going to look at Android tablets tomorrow. Might just get rid of Apple entirely this week.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Their iMessage has me pretty irritated right now. I turned it off (and my phone number was removed from it) and I called Apple who deactivated iMessage and I'm still not getting all of my text messages because of it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Their iMessage has me pretty irritated right now. I turned it off (and my phone number was removed from it) and I called Apple who deactivated iMessage and I'm still not getting all of my text messages because of it.

Try deleting your old threads on the iPhone. That should help

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

That is most likely due to other iphones. Anyone who has imessaged you and does not have their imessage set to fall back to SMS will have their texts to fail.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

That is most likely due to other iphones. Anyone who has imessaged you and does not have their imessage set to fall back to SMS will have their texts to fail.

This is exactly what I believe the problem is. Such a pain in the ****.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

If you like the moto x try the nexus 10!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I like Moto X except for the lacking of qi charging, it's the only thing that prevent it from being a great phone. But I bought a microUSB qi receiver.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Nothing against the Nexus 10, but in what universe are the two devices even comparable? That's like telling him to try an M1 Abrams if he likes his Harley Davidson.

because he said a few posts ago that he was going to look at android tablets . . .

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Did you turn it off before switching phones? If not I I think it's 30 days from when Apple deactivates for things to completely clear up. At least that's what a friend of mine told me. He had the same issue when switching from the iPhone to an HTC.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I like Moto X except for the lacking of qi charging, it's the only thing that prevent it from being a great phone. But I bought a microUSB qi receiver.
Really? Wireless charging makes it a less than great phone ? :confused:
Wireless charging is probably the least important feature to me.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Really? Wireless charging makes it a less than great phone ? :confused:
Wireless charging is probably the least important feature to me.
I'm too lazy to unlock the phone therefore touchless control and face unlock. Too lazy to plug in the cable therefore qi charging. So they really go well together. I don't like fiddling with microUSB connectors and I'm also really concerned about its durability, I've had my share of microUSB ports going bad so less using it the better.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Did you turn it off before switching phones? If not I I think it's 30 days from when Apple deactivates for things to completely clear up. At least that's what a friend of mine told me. He had the same issue when switching from the iPhone to an HTC.

I did. The problem as I understand it is that when someone else has a message thread open to me that has I messages from before I switched it is still going to try to send an imessage until the system clears it out. Guy at apple said it could take up to 30 days.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Off topic of Moto X, but I've been researching tablets and am going to look at some today.

What are your opinions of Nexus 7 (2013) and LG G Pad 8.3 if you have it have had one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88