Disappearing Menu Buttons?

BuckNut23

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had this issue recently? Twice in the couple days, my back, home, and multitask buttons have straight up disappeared. The black area where they should be is still there, but when I try to press in the spot a button should be, nothing happens. The only way to get them back is to shut down the phone and restart it, which isn't that big of a deal, but if this issue keeps happening every couple days, it will get annoying really fast.

So, has anyone else run into this? If so, did you find a fix for it?

Thanks!

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like an errant app. Apps have the ability to lighten or darken those soft-buttons.

An app is holding them dark when you change screens. So, try looking in the "Settings - Apps - Running" and force stop apps one by one. Also at the top of the screen in the "Running" section there is a "Cached..." option. Tap that and stop the same-name app (if in there) until the problem goes away. Just do them one by one. Force stop/Stop test, try again.

It is a lengthy process but that's what happens when apps built by inept or inexperienced programmers are installed. Installing apps is a little roulette like. :)

One needs to read the reviews, understand the Permissions and then step cautiously.

BuckNut23

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Next time it happens I'll have to try that. I don't install too many apps on my phone though, so it will be interesting to see what comes up (my guess, based upon your suggestion is that it is a recently updated app). The weird thing, is that everything that is installed on my moto x is also installed on my nexus 10, but I've never seen this issue pop up on that device. Time will tell, hopefully.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar