Where's the Moto love?

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Used to be an app called noLED used it on my Fascinate back in the day it because had no led could if I remember you could also have a pic of the person pop up instead of the light.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Active notifications is so much better then an led. I understand you can make your led what ever color you want for sms,email ext but nothing beats rolling over in bed looking at your phone and it lights up and you can see what you have going on without ever touching it.

Posted via Android Central App

Have you used active notifications? It really is a nicer feature than LED notifications. Well, in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
Yup, active notifications on my Moto X since Thanksgiving. Still miss the LED. (although mine wasn't very bright, and was either on or off. The bright blinking one on my husband's galaxy S4 is a little annoying at night.)

I wonder if it makes a difference that I am nearsighted. I can't see anything on the phone when I roll over in bed, except that there's a dim light that goes on and off. I can read the notifications during the day, when I am wearing glasses, but it feels like it demands my attention in a way the LED didn't. I have to actually pay attention at just the right moment, when it is on. The LED was just sitting there, glowing whenever I happened to look at it. It may still be the glasses -- unless I look directly at it when it is on, I can't make out what it says.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
When they lost the multicolored led they lost me.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

I don't understand how people prefer a blinking led, which provides pretty much no info, to an on screen preview of your messages that is unobtrusive and saves battery. Its like saying you'd take a horse and buggy over a sedan.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how people prefer a blinking led, which provides pretty much no info, to an on screen preview of your messages that is unobtrusive and saves battery. Its like saying you'd take a horse and buggy over a sedan.

You might try reading some of the posts from people who miss the led. You might learn why they feel that way. That doesn't mean you will agree with them, of course; these things are quite personal. But you could gain that understanding you lack.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The only way in which I miss the LED is that I can't see the charge status of the device when it's on charge. I could set different colors for different notifications but could never remember which was which so ActiveDisplay is SOOO much better for me, except for seeing the charge status.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Finally got around to setting mine up last night and I LOVE it. Migrated over from att to T Mobile and have full bars for the first time ever!

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep I use it and I like it but for me an led is a more reliable way to see notifications when my phone is sitting on a table.

Sent from my XT1053

Understandable. I have noticed that I leave my phone sitting face up, it seems to frequently light up. I usually lay it face down.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The only way in which I miss the LED is that I can't see the charge status of the device when it's on charge.

I made a Tasker profile that make it so every 3 min and if the screen is off, there would be notification stating the battery life, and another profile that will delete that notification if the screen is turned on.

Not sure how useful it'll be though since it'll be constantly flashing, may eat some battery and cause pixel burn in maybe.

Profile: Battery Notify
Time: Every 3m
Enter: Battery Notify
A1: Notify [ Title:Battery Level Text:%BATT% Number:0 Permanent:Off Priority:3 ] If [ %SCREEN ~ off ]
A2: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:54 Minutes:2 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A3: Notify Cancel [ Title:Battery Level Warn Not Exist:Off ]

Profile: Battery Notify Clear
Event: Display On
Enter: Clear Battery Notify
A1: Notify Cancel [ Title:Battery Level Warn Not Exist:Off ]

You can use the widget Battery Widget which can send notifications when the battery reach a certain level. Maybe what Active Display needs is an ability to show persistent notifications, which custom rom Active Display is variable of.

sent via Le Motonovo X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781