Hard limit on apps?

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm getting ready to order and am just debating between the 16 and 32 gig. Does this phone have a set limit on space available for apps? If so, how much is available for the 16 and 32?

Also, if anyone is on Straight Talk, did you have any problems setting your phone up? I have been reading where people were having problems with the newer sim cards. It seems everyone eventually got things going, but it took some finagling.

Thanks in advance for any help.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
When I got mine I only could get 16 gigs. I couldn't wait until 32 gig came out. 16 is not bad, but I need to uninstall unused apps.

I wish I had the 32 gig, but I would probably have lots of clutter on it.

Posted via Android Central App

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
One curious thing I discovered with my Moto G was that when installing a bunch of apps at one time, I had to clear the Notifications list (Main drop down menu) after every five apps otherwise the Play store would not install more.

Not sure if that was just 4.3 or a Play store issue as I no longer have the G, but it was very recently that it happened and had me scratching my head a little until I figured it out.

diablo9

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
My moto x has 155 system apps, and 432 user apps, total of 587 apps (according to AirDroid app). Free space 19.10gb, used 12.90gb

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies. I think I am going to go with the 32. Pretty sure I only need 16, but what if I need more? Sell, buy new one? No thanks.

Problem I am having is I wont need phone for another 2 months (going back on road in 2 months, have house phone now, other family member's cells if I need, etc...)

So if I get the phone now, I wont hook it up to Straight Talk for at least 2 months (no point in paying for something I don't need) but am nervous about having phone for 2 months, then trying to hook it up to ST, having problems (as many people have stated they have had with the MX and ST) not being bale to resolve, and then can't return phone or whatever.

But if I wait two months, phone will likely be back at full price, as the sale ends on the 14th.

Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay