Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon APN settings

Hi,

Is there a way to change APN settings on this phone? I am trying to fix my MMS issues. When I go to the settings, everything is grayed out and I can't edit the current APN. Also, there is no option to add an APN.

I am on Verizon and have the Developer Edition.

Thanks!

Exclamation Re: Verizon APN settings

BUMP! I have the same issues with the Moto G on Verizon Prepaid.

Out of curiosity, what are your MMS issues? I am unable to receive MMS at all, and I bought the phone from Verizon. My number was ported back into Verizon from Straight Talk but the store did it so I didn't think there should be any issue. I tried using the Tweakker app but even though I add a new APN it doesn't seem to stick.

My thread on Verizon Community forums is here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/817051

Default Re: Verizon APN settings

For stock, I believe that you can only edit the apn when you use a non verizon sim

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sutrebla15 View Post
    Is there a way to change APN settings on this phone?
    Probably need to unlock the SIM or get the PUK Code from Vz.

Be warned you only get three tries at the SIM unlock and it's a new Sim as it locks irrevocably after the third failure.
    Don't ask!
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sutrebla15 View Post
    Hi,

Is there a way to change APN settings on this phone? I am trying to fix my MMS issues. When I go to the settings, everything is grayed out and I can't edit the current APN. Also, there is no option to add an APN.

I am on Verizon and have the Developer Edition.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by helikyler View Post
    BUMP! I have the same issues with the Moto G on Verizon Prepaid.

Out of curiosity, what are your MMS issues? I am unable to receive MMS at all, and I bought the phone from Verizon. My number was ported back into Verizon from Straight Talk but the store did it so I didn't think there should be any issue. I tried using the Tweakker app but even though I add a new APN it doesn't seem to stick.

My thread on Verizon Community forums is here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/817051
    Might make more sense to contact Verizon Wireless technical support.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by helikyler View Post
    I am unable to receive MMS at all
    Have you checked the Network Settings (APN) to see if there is an MMS provider assigned? The V-store may have forgotten to assign one.

It *appears* to be the case that APN settings cannot be edited with the Verizon SIM in place. With a Giffgaff SIM, I had no problem editing all fields. But upon replacing the original Verizon SIM, Mobile Data did not work, and the APN fields were uneditable, except for the APN name which continued to say giffgaff.com. But changing that one field to "vzwinternet" returned all functionality.

But there is so much conflicting information and suggestions.... I have to add Your Milage May Vary.