Disappearing alarm icon

cq1125

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
If I set an alarm or open the alarm app with an alarm set (doesn't matter which one - stock or otherwise) the alarm icon appears in my status bar, but it only stays for a few minutes, then flickers and disappears. I have to reopen the app to get it to show up again. It doesn't affect whether my alarm goes off or not, it's just a minor annoyance. I read somewhere that it was an issue with Pandora, but I uninstalled it and still nothing. Thought it might have been a 4.4 bug, but it still happens on 4.4.2. Anyone else have this?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

cq1125

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I cleared the system app cache and the icon reappeared, so perhaps Pandora left some residue. Hopefully it sticks!

cq1125

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, turns out the issue still remains. Not entirely sure what I'll do next.... I could probably try a reset, but I don't think the effort of setting up my phone again is worth the small annoyance.

Peacen1k

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, turns out the issue still remains. Not entirely sure what I'll do next.... I could probably try a reset, but I don't think the effort of setting up my phone again is worth the small annoyance.

Try a different alarm app.

I use Clock JB+. It's very similar to stock with some additional options. And the statusbar icon stays put.

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that too but have had started having problems with the alarm going off. I actually had the exact same problem on my Galaxy S4, tried a different alarm app and it still wouldn't go off. Best I can figure is some application is conflicting with it, I just need to figure out what.
P.S. No, I don't have a task killer.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a bug in 4.4.2 or a conflict with an app. It's happening on my Nexus 5, as well. I think I may try Timely and see if it sticks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC