Twist doesn't start camera app?

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Did something change recently..... like in the Kit Kat update? I'm running KK 4.4 and I could swear that a wrist twist used to open the camera app no matter what. Now I find that it only works if the camera app is cached in memory (ie., if it has been run and shut down but not dismissed from the multi-tasking menu).

Note that I am using DS Battery Saver, but the camera app is whitelisted and is not killed when the phone goes to sleep.

Paul

kobolila

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
FWIW I am still running JB & the only time a twist wont start the camera is when the screen is covered. I keep mine in a portfolio style case, I have to open the cover before I twist; which leads me to think it has something to do with the proximity sensor. Are you using anything that might be covering the sensor?

K

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
FWIW I am still running JB & the only time a twist wont start the camera is when the screen is covered. I keep mine in a portfolio style case, I have to open the cover before I twist; which leads me to think it has something to do with the proximity sensor. Are you using anything that might be covering the sensor?

K
No, I am not covering the sensor at all. I take the (naked) phone out of my pocket and twist it. As I said, I could swear it used to start the camera even if the camera was not resident in memory.

Note that if the camera IS resident in memory, a twist starts it perfectly.

Test it for me.... make sure there is nothing in the multi-tasking menu. Then put the phone to sleep and then give it a twist. Does the camera start?

Paul

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I've never had a problem. I just did what you asked and cleared my cache and it worked fine. I had actually just taken a pic and had thought how much I like the twist and shoot. My nephew got an X a few weeks before me and when I tried to turn on his camera by twisting my wrist I couldn't do it. I should find out if his is still giving him problems or if it was just an isolated incident.

Posted via Android Central App

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
OOPS, sorry. Looks like it is an oddity with DS Battery Saver. I disabled DS and the camera starts normally with a twist, even if it is not resident in memory. With DS enabled, and even if the camera is whitelisted, the camera will not start with a twist unless it is memory resident.

Never mind ;)

Paul

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante