AWS working on Verizon Moto X developers edition?

locutis

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. First time poster here. I'm thinking about buying the Verizon Moto X developers at full retail to keep my unlimited data. I would like AWS access, though, and I'm finding conflicting information as to whether or not band 4 works on this version of the moto x. The motorola website states band 13 only but I've read on other forums that the X can use band 4 on verizon. Any input would be appreciated. I need to make a decision as the promo price ends tomorrow at midnight, I believe.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
To get LTE on T-Mobile you need to use new APN settings. The old one use the address "epc.tmobile.com" in the apn field, you can't connect to LTE with it. You have to use "fast.t-mobile.com" instead.
Okay, but you have to have a TMobile SIM card in the phone, right?

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Of course. You could get one of these prepay sim and it have $3.34 of preloaded credit. Even if you don't use it to see if you can connect to their 3G or LTE network.
I may try that since I have a spare Moto X. I need to be careful as I have a Verizon unlimited data line so I must keep a smartphone on my UDP line.

Tmobile is not good where I live, though, so I doubt they have AWS here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy