Cracked Glass on MOTO X in CANADA

kuziwk

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
So i dropped my phone in its otterbox case, flat on the screen. There must have been a pebble that it landed on because it cracked it like a rock in a windshield. Anyways i called motorola because i read that it cost $175 in the US to get it fixed....well im in canada, has anyone had experience with Motorola Canada and cracked screens?

Basically they said i will pay a $25 fee and the shipping if i dont accept the return, the only reason i wont get the repair is if its going to cost $300 to fix. If thats the case than i will just buy a NExus 5 for $350 and call it a day. So if i send the phone in and dont accept the repairs im out $50 towards my new phone. Does anyone know how much this service cost's in canada? PS. they said they dont know how much it will cost on the phone, i even spoke to the manager.

Second, the manager said not to worry because the phone has shock sensors, and just because you have a broken screen if the shock sensors have not gone off to indicate physical damage they will replace the screen under warranty. Is this true? I've never heard of this i know they have water sensors but not shock sensors.

BTW the phone literally dropped from like 2 feet flat on its screen...im really surprised the phone did not protect it.

Edit: you know what i think i've dropped the phone before i had the case, so if there ever was shock sensors im pretty sure i'd be screwed either way.

So my options are, get a nexus 5 from google or fix the moto x provided it wont cost more than $200

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry can't help you since I'm not in Canada. But I hope this will prove it to people that Gorilla Glass ain't all that.

I think it's going to cost a lot to fix it, but not more than $300, because that's how much a new Moto X is.

I know phones have accelorometer, you can use apps that utilize it to measure shocks.

Get one of these for your phone: Amazon.com: i-Blason Motorola X Moto X Smart Phone by Google [ Ultra-Thin 0.24 mm Tempered Glass ] Premium Minimal Bubble 8 H Scratch Free Screen Protector (Glass-uT): Cell Phones & Accessories

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams