Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By droidman2177
  • 1 Post By Pollster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Not enough love for Moto X

So i just received my Moto X yesterday (Dev Edition on VZW) and although it has only been 1 day, so far I must say it is def the smoothest and most lag free smartphones I have ever owned (OG Droid, Thunderbolt, Bionic which VZW swapped out for Thunderbolt for obvious reasons, and Razr HD). While I'm not a "smartphone reviewer" by trade, I do follow the forums and such to keep up with the times. With my last phone being the Razr HD, I could not wait to get something different because of its terrible response/lag. I am an Android supporter to the fullest and for the most part have always steered towards Motorola going back to the Star Tac days but I was having a very hard time justifying and defending the OS to "Apple guys" b/c of how bad a couple of my previous phones have been (ie. Thunderbolt and Razr HD) and so I must admit I was going to take a "look" at the iPhone when the new one came out, UNTIL NOW!!! Like I said, it has only been 1 day but I think this phone should have been the talk of all phones for the simple fact that "it just works" and that's what I have been waiting for!! So if anyone who is reading this and was on the fence about this phone b/c of "specs", don't hesitate b/c Motorola/Google have done a GREAT JOB with it. My only hope is that Lenovo keeps the ball rolling in the same direction!!

PS. I failed to mention that with previous phones that I have had "problems" with I tried everything that I could to "fix" the issues that all the great Devs have come out with like custom roms and such, but as it stands right now I don't see myself having to that with the stock format of this phone!

Global Posts
    22,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Not enough love for Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by dmdj232 View Post
    So i just received my Moto X yesterday (Dev Edition on VZW) and although it has only been 1 day, so far I must say it is def the smoothest and most lag free smartphones I have ever owned (OG Droid, Thunderbolt, Bionic which VZW swapped out for Thunderbolt for obvious reasons, and Razr HD). While I'm not a "smartphone reviewer" by trade, I do follow the forums and such to keep up with the times. With my last phone being the Razr HD, I could not wait to get something different because of its terrible response/lag. I am an Android supporter to the fullest and for the most part have always steered towards Motorola going back to the Star Tac days but I was having a very hard time justifying and defending the OS to "Apple guys" b/c of how bad a couple of my previous phones have been (ie. Thunderbolt and Razr HD) and so I must admit I was going to take a "look" at the iPhone when the new one came out, UNTIL NOW!!! Like I said, it has only been 1 day but I think this phone should have been the talk of all phones for the simple fact that "it just works" and that's what I have been waiting for!! So if anyone who is reading this and was on the fence about this phone b/c of "specs", don't hesitate b/c Motorola/Google have done a GREAT JOB with it. My only hope is that Lenovo keeps the ball rolling in the same direction!!

PS. I failed to mention that with previous phones that I have had "problems" with I tried everything that I could to "fix" the issues that all the great Devs have come out with like custom roms and such, but as it stands right now I don't see myself having to that with the stock format of this phone!
    If you think the phone is great now, just wait a week until the battery settles in, and you get used to the always listening, and active notifications. I love mine, and I will keep it until the phone dies. And when it does, I may give it a proper burial, with full Android honors. Lol...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    bbycrts and dsw1519 like this.

Does the battery get noticeably better?

I spend my entire day in my car with bluetooth connected.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    If you think the phone is great now, just wait a week until the battery settles in, and you get used to the always listening, and active notifications. I love mine, and I will keep it until the phone dies. And when it does, I may give it a proper burial, with full Android honors. Lol...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Android Honor Guard is always on Call! LOL.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I've had this phone 3 months and still notice how much I love it every day.
    Sounds corny, but it's true!
    someguy01234 likes this.

I have to agree. This is the best Android phone to migrate to if you're used to an iphone. I had been using an iphone 5 and decided to give Android a go because I really like what I was reading about the Moto X. I've played around with other Android phones but this phone is perfect to me. The screen size and form factor are unparalleled. I don't think I'd want anything larger.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

This is the first Android phone that I have used that doesn't lag after using it for a few months. It probably has to do with F2FS being implemented on the user data storage partition.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I've had my Moto X for a week - replaced my Galaxy S3. What a relief! I don't have to worry obsess about battery life (I turned off Juice Defender), Active Dislay and Touchless Control are a joy, the size and shape are perfect, I've really enjoyed the black walnut back, there's no lag, and best of all, GPS locks on instantly (a constant problem with my S3).

This is the first Android phone I ever use that I don't feel the need to root.

1000th post. (I probably spent too much time in this forum.)