Moto X Attracts Dust!

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else notice how much dust collects on the screen? I have owned many phones but none collects dust like the X. Not sure why.
I'm talking about when I take my phone of of my pocket...

-Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X Attracts Dust !

I don't know if its any more than other phones I have owned, but yes it does seem to have a bit of dust around the edges...Since adding a screen protector that has stopped. Wondering if there are some static properties to the screen.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

It's made of gorilla glass and has the same oleophobic coating like any other phones, I don't see why it should be any different, unless it emits electromagnetism more than normal, however the SAR value is within FCC limits.

As for the back, it depends on the material I guess, I have wood back and they are quite slippery so they don't attract dust.

Just carry around a microfiber cloth with you.

Last edited:

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I never had problems with dust , but the fingerprints are killing. Idk if it's coincidental, but since I used my wife's acetone to wipe the screen , I can't get rid of them with a few easy strokes w cloth.

Posted via Android Central App

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't have anymore problems with dust than I did with my iPhone. Fingerprints are the same too.

Posted via Android Central App

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It attracts no more and no less dust than my iPhone or any other phone I've owned IMO.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

It's made of gorilla glass and has the same oleophobic coating like any other phones, I don't see why it should be any different, unless it emits electromagnetism more than normal, however the SAR value is within FCC limits.

As for the back, it depends on the material I guess, I have wood back and they are quite slippery so they don't attract dust.

Just carry around a microfiber cloth with you.

What did we ever do before microfiber cloths? I always have at least a couple with me.

DougW

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I live in a really dry climate - i dont know if that has anything to do with the amoled screen ? yes MF cloth works excellent

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else notice how much dust collects on the screen? I have owned many phones but none collects dust like the X. Not sure why.
I'm talking about when I take my phone of of my pocket...

-Rich

I havent noticed anything any different from other phones I had .
I carry my phone in my pocket all the time. :)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same whether it's all in my head or not. Maybe it didn't bother me add much when my phone was all black.

I was blaming my screen protector. It really does seem to let dust cling to it.

Sent from my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon