Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So, I watched this video...nfc antenna and qi charging question

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post3471172

...and noticed at around 2:05, they mentioned a wireless charging coil. But, as far as I can tell, and, not knowing what one might really look like, could that be the NFC antenna or do we really have QI charging and Moto forgot to mention it?

Anyone?

Default Re: So, I watched this video...nfc antenna and qi charging question

Moto X do not have qi charging capability. They would not spend money to develop and implement such a big feature and then not advertise it in their product.

If it did, anyone would have figured it out by simply placing the phone on top of a qi charger.

Also the coil have to be much more abundance than that to be able to charge the phone: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...+coil&tbm=isch

I've been using external qi receiver for the Moto X and hide it in the phone's case.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    I've been using external qi receiver for the Moto X and hide it in the phone's case.
    What brand and model number? I checked Amazon and they have a zillion so not sure what to get.

I used this one. They are rated at 750mAH output, that is the minimum I would recommend, you will get good charging speed. Maybe 3hours for a full charge. If you go for the 500mAH rated one, which is thinner and will hide better in a case, but it take a very long time, 4.5hours to full charge the phone.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    If it did, anyone would have figured it out by simply placing the phone on top of a qi charger.
    Can confirm that it absolutely does NOT have a built-in Qi coil. I actually tried placing the phone on my Qi pad (coming from a HTC DNA) and nothing doing.

Am interested in the idea of "hiding one in the case" though...must research that a bit!