| || |
I used to be in the anti-case camp. I babied my previous devices. But that all change one fateful evening at Disney California Adventure while trying to take my DROID Bionic out of my pocket after snacking on buttered popcorn. My phone slipped from my hand and dropped to the floor, but not before catching the edges of a concrete barrier. That nasty gash drove me nuts and I was searching for a case later that night.
I've been a fan of cheaper TPU cases ever since and knew I was going to use one with my Motorola Moto X. Hyperion is no stranger to the case business. They seem to make cases for every single phone out there.
The Hyperion Matte TPU case is simple and affordable case. The case features cutouts for the audio port and micro-USB port. There are no cutouts for the Power and Volume Rocker but I have not had an issues using those buttons behind the button molding on this case. It does take a bit of wiggling to get the case on but the case fits snug around the Moto X. The case feels like it has enough grip on it in the hand and have no issues with the case being anywhere near slick.
My only design issue is with the area around the top of the case on the front of the device. It looks like the area between the audio port needs more material as I've noticed that the case stretches up a bit. Factoring in the price though, this doesn't bother me much.
Available in Frost Clear, Smoke, Red, Purple, Black, Blue, and Pink on Amazon.
- Opening for the dimple!
- Protects the front of the phone as well.
- Works with the official Griffin PowerDock (with the dock bumper removed)
- No branding, if you're in to that sort of thing.
- The display on the Moto X is touted as edge-to-edge and because this case protects the front, swipes near the edges might be a challenge.
- If you have a white Moto X, the red case will look orange.
- Great case for the price.