Not gunna lie I just ordered my custom made Moto X!

lee_michael_f92

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Pretty excited this will be my new device to deter from apple... (Coming from a ip5 and ip4s) Lol hopefully It's a one up for me. I'll post some pics of it once it comes in ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Not gunna lie I just ordered my custom made X!

i had the ip5 and moved to the moto x too, cant even compare the 2 as far as usability, comfort and reception. you will love your x

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Moved from the iphone 5 as well. Expect a bit of a steep learning curve going in. It's not as plug and play as an iphone right out of the box. Things that are integrated and simple on the iphone take a bit of configuration on android to work. The payoff is that you have a lot more options and can much more customize the phone to look and act the way you want. I'm about 3 weeks in and still tinkering and learning. With my iphone I pretty much knew everything I needed to know in a couple of days. The larger screen is really an upgrade for me.

lee_michael_f92

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Moved from the iphone 5 as well. Expect a bit of a steep learning curve going in. It's not as plug and play as an iphone right out of the box. Things that are integrated and simple on the iphone take a bit of configuration on android to work. The payoff is that you have a lot more options and can much more customize the phone to look and act the way you want. I'm about 3 weeks in and still tinkering and learning. With my iphone I pretty much knew everything I needed to know in a couple of days. The larger screen is really an upgrade for me.

Well hopefully it won't be too hard I've had a Gs4 before but nothing ever close to a "stock-ish" powered android device. I think the only annoyance I'll be faced with is having to download a separate app for my outlook emails.

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Notifications on android are a real *****. Not organized in one place like on iphone. Still trying to get a handle on that one. You will love drive time though if you spend any time in the car. I love that my phone reads aloud any text messages I get.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Notifications on android are a real *****. Not organized in one place like on iphone. Still trying to get a handle on that one. You will love drive time though if you spend any time in the car. I love that my phone reads aloud any text messages I get.

What do you not like about notifications on Android?

Posted via Android Central App

lee_michael_f92

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Uh...is notification pull down shade not working for you?

Lol I can't tell if you're being sarcastic with this man.... That being said I've had a gs4 before and I'd say that notifications are pretty much the same on all oses

lee_michael_f92

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

The only thing thats gunna bother me is having to check my outlook emails through a separate app... :/ does anyone know if the stock email and calendar now support outlook? its been awhile since i've been on Android.

lanzfernandez

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

You will really appreciate the openness of android and the usefulness of Moto X features.
Cheers!

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
My university uses outlook and it works just fine with the stock app on my moto x. I only have 2 email accounts syncing. I use the Gmail app for my personal email and the stock email app for school.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm talking about setting up notifications and preferences. Not so easy on android.

Didn't mean to thank that post. I think notifications are one of the places that android absolutely kills iOS in terms of usefulness. But I've heard other iOS users complain about android notifications too. Still not quite sure what the problem is. I love android notifications compared to iOS.

Sent from my XT1053

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you have to end up using a different [than stock] email app, just use that one instead of the stock one. What's the issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Pretty excited this will be my new device to deter from apple... (Coming from a ip5 and ip4s) Lol hopefully It's a one up for me. I'll post some pics of it once it comes in ;)

I'm glad you are not gunna lie...... I hate it when people say they ordered a Moto X and they lie. :confused: