Moto X: Button to Switch Cameras Disappeared

yopete525

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a Moto X (Verizon) running 4.4.2, stock/unrooted. For some reason the button in the Camera app to switch between the front and back cameras disappeared and I haven't been able to find a way to get it back. I can't select the front camera in Snapchat either--so it seems like my phone doesn't think it has a front camera anymore, even though it does. Relevant picture here:

imgur: the simple image sharer

I've tried wiping the Camera app data, as well as uninstalling the Camera app updates and reinstalling them, each with no success. The button appears during the initial tutorial that shows you how to use the camera, but then disappears as soon as it's over. Similar when swiping to the camera from the lock screen--the button will appear during the animation while the camera "app" is sliding in, but will disappear once the actual application loads.

Any ideas for a fix?

Last edited:

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Button to Switch Cameras Disappeared

I think I've seen this situation before. Get a hold of motorola and you can probably get a manufacturer warranty claim for a new device.

-Nexus 10-

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a Moto X (Verizon) running 4.2.2, stock/unrooted. For some reason the button in the Camera app to switch between the front and back cameras disappeared and I haven't been able to find a way to get it back. I can't select the front camera in Snapchat either--so it seems like my phone doesn't think it has a front camera anymore, even though it does. Relevant picture here:

imgur: the simple image sharer

I've tried wiping the Camera app data, as well as uninstalling the Camera app updates and reinstalling them, each with no success. The button appears during the initial tutorial that shows you how to use the camera, but then disappears as soon as it's over. Similar when swiping to the camera from the lock screen--the button will appear during the animation while the camera "app" is sliding in, but will disappear once the actual application loads.

Any ideas for a fix?

If you are running 4.2.2 try updating to 4.4.2 to see if that solves the issue. If that doesn't then get in contact with Motorola for a replacement. They should be able to assist since the phone is still within warranty.

yopete525

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are running 4.2.2 try updating to 4.4.2 to see if that solves the issue. If that doesn't then get in contact with Motorola for a replacement. They should be able to assist since the phone is still within warranty.
Sorry, that was a typo; it's running 4.4.2. I'll try contacting Motorola to see if I can get a replacement. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance