Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default SOL Republic JAX

Anyone use these headphones?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,160 Global Posts

Default Re: Sol republic jax

Quote Originally Posted by micaels View Post
    Yep. I was surprisingly impressed. In praise of SOL Republic's Jax earbuds | Android Central
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a pair. They are surprisingly good as Phil stated. My son, the audio junkie liked them so much he bought a pair too.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Thanks! Just ordered a pair in mint color.

Quote Originally Posted by micaels View Post
    I really like the sound but what I don't like is the placement of the micrphone. It is in the middle of the Y where the 2 ear wires come together. It rubs against my chest if I am moving while taking a call and callers complain about the noise they hear.

I prefer the microphone to be on 1 of the arms of the Y rather than at the V for this reason. But they sound great for the price and even for a higher price they sound great.

I like mine, they sound even better with some Comply foam tips they give them just a little more sound isolation and better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by curley1441 View Post
    Comply foam tips
    where do you get these?

My local Radio shack has then or try Complyâ„¢ Foam Tips - Replacement Earphone Tips enter in the type of ear buds and they will give you the size.

edit just looked it up they are the 400 series 3 types active , isolation , and comfort. Hope this helps

Default Re: SOL Republic JAX

Have them for 3 months. Good for music but HORRIBLE as hands free set. The worst I ever had. People cant hear me unless I keep the mic on my lips - even then , I hear complaints. Another prob in call functionality is that it won't answer and end calls. To me , they are extremely overpriced as a phone accessory.

Posted via Android Central App
    VZW Moto X

Weirdly, the volume on the ones I got from Motorola is noticeably lower than a pair I got from FYE. Don't know if that was a Motorola request or something, but its a bit annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

I'll echo what others have said. I got mine in November when I got my X, though I got them for fee due to issues with my order. They sound pretty good. They are pretty comfy. They look cool. I like them over all, but the mic does suck. Since I don't use the mic that often, I like them. If I used the mic very often at all, I would strongly prefer the buds that came in box with my HTC One, as they sound nearly as good, have a flat tangle resistant cord like the JAX, but have a much better mic. In fact, I still do take the buds that came with my One (or a set of Rocket Fish active noise canceling buds I have, which also came with Comply foam tips that I agree are excellent) whenever I know I'm going to be making calls.