Moto X: Text message problem

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I send a text message on my Moto X, it doesn't show in the text messaging app. It goes through, it just doesn't show. I have tried using different text messaging apps, doesn't work. I have tried rebooting, still doesn't work. Whenever I go into recovery to clear the cache partition it says "No Command" I am puzzled. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Text message problem

When you are on the "no command" screen, did you long press volume up and power? That should bring you to the menu where you can select clear cache, factory reset, etc.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When you are on the "no command" screen, did you long press volume up and power? That should bring you to the menu where you can select clear cache, factory reset, etc.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks! I just tried it. I cleared the cache partition succesfully. Now I'm going to see if the text message problem is fixed...

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... The text messages still don't work. When I send a text message to another phone, they receive it but I don't see it on my phone. Should I try a factory reset or is there something else I can try?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm... The text messages still don't work. When I send a text message to another phone, they receive it but I don't see it on my phone. Should I try a factory reset or is there something else I can try?

This sounds like a issue your carrier needs to deal with. My daughter had a similar issue on her S4 & the carrier had to do a reset on her line.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

This sounds like a issue your carrier needs to deal with. My daughter had a similar issue on her S4 & the carrier had to do a reset on her line.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

Okay thanks. I will check it out. Are you sure you think the carrier is the reason why it is not showing up in the text messaging app? Because I would think it would at least show up... Anyways, I will call Verizon. Thanks again!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Okay thanks. I will check it out. Are you sure you think the carrier is the reason why it is not showing up in the text messaging app? Because I would think it would at least show up... Anyways, I will call Verizon. Thanks again!

How long have you had your X?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Well, it is not mine. It is a family members. I am just posting for them. He has had it at least 3-4 months.

Bummer...and I thought you had an upgraded.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude