Spotlight player updated: Buggy Night now playing!

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update to v1.7 of the Spotlight Player app. Now when I open Spotlight player it shows Buggy Night as "Coming Soon" and Windy Day as "Available".

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Spotlight player updated: Buggy Night coming soon!

Just got to play buggy night. Such a nice surprise to find.

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Just got the update to v1.7 of the Spotlight Player app. Now when I open Spotlight player it shows Buggy Night as "Coming Soon" and Windy Day as "Available".
After only a couple minutes a little bug showed up like the red hat did--touch it and it plays Buggy Night. Fun!

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Been meaning to ask this:

What is Spotlight player? What is it's purpose? A lot of times I go into Apps in settings and it's running (often with multiple "stop" buttons to press), so I turn it off. Also I don't see it in the Apps section from the main screen.

Last edited:

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

What is Spotlight player? What is it's purpose? A lot of times I got into Apps in settings and it's running (often with multiple "stop" buttons to press), so and I turn it off Also I don't see in the Apps section from the main screen.

Neither do i

Posted via Android Central App

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Neither do i

It doesn't have an entry in the Apps screen. It just makes itself available when there's content to be viewed (like with a little bug in the lower corner of the screen with Buggy Night and a red hat for Windy Day)

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Found it in the widget section. Still not sure what it's for.

Spotlight player is a special thing Motorola does for the Moto X. Motorola teamed up with like Pixar / Rattatoue (?) team or something like that, and releases short animated movies, that you move you phone around to follow the story.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

What is Spotlight player? What is it's purpose? A lot of times I go into Apps in settings and it's running (often with multiple "stop" buttons to press), so I turn it off. Also I don't see it in the Apps section from the main screen.

It's a fun little app that shows immersive 3D mini-movies. It has no practical purpose, it's just a little quirky bit of fun.

There's no app shortcut for it, but it does have a widget. Add the widget to your home screen if you want to launch it on demand.

It is also in apps management - it's called "Motorola Spotlight Player". It's also installed through the Play Store, so you can uninstall it there if it's not to your liking.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Pretty cool to have my phone stop me and offer something new that's just for fun.
I enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800