Moto X scratches easily...?

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had this problem? I've always been super careful trying to protect my electronics, but I've recently found several hairline scratches across parts of my screen. I can't see them when I'm using the device, but if light hits it then you can definitely see them.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The back to me stand up pretty well. My screen came scratched out of the box, but I put tempered glass screen protector on it, so it's not a concern.

chase1963

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had this problem? I've always been super careful trying to protect my electronics, but I've recently found several hairline scratches across parts of my screen. I can't see them when I'm using the device, but if light hits it then you can definitely see them.

Haven't noticed any issues with inordinate scratching. :D

nfotiu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It's gorilla glass 3. I don't like it as much as the gorilla glass on the Droid Razr. It seems to scratch a little more easily, and the Droid Razr seemed to have a smoother feel, and showed less finger prints.

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine is only a month old but I've been going naked with it. Dropped it once on cork floor. Looks just like it did the day I took it out of the box. No issues at all.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine a few weeks and still have the plastic screen protector on that came with it. Does anyone else do this? I can't see a reason to take it off until it comes off by itself.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine a few weeks and still have the plastic screen protector on that came with it. Does anyone else do this? I can't see a reason to take it off until it comes off by itself.

The proximity sensor is blocked. You will get wonkiness when taking the phone away from your head, etc. I'd recommend an actual screen protector. I've been using a Verizon one for awhile and once you get used to the feeling on your finger it's perfect.

-Nexus 10-

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The proximity sensor is blocked. You will get wonkiness when taking the phone away from your head, etc. I'd recommend an actual screen protector. I've been using a Verizon one for awhile and once you get used to the feeling on your finger it's perfect.

-Nexus 10-

huh. haven't noticed anything weird but just made a small hole in the plastic. We'll see how long the cover lasts.

It can sense proximity through the glass but not the plastic?

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Same here - screen is very sensitive. Idk where people read it has Gorilla 3 but it's definitely far from my wife's Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App
VZW Moto X

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had the screen naked since I opened the phone and I don't have any scratches after 3 months of use and a few waist high drops... I do have a case on it tho...

Posted via my Moto X DE

Audux

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It's gorilla glass 3. I don't like it as much as the gorilla glass on the Droid Razr. It seems to scratch a little more easily, and the Droid Razr seemed to have a smoother feel, and showed less finger prints.

Proud user of Droid Razr here

Posted via XT910 CM11

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I noticed some hairline scratched only a week after owning the phone which was unusual for me given my caution and having never had screen issues with other phones.

I contacted Motorola directly and they replaced my phone for free. Was super impressed with their customer service although I've heard the complaints others have had on this forum.

Sent from my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2