Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    GummyCHARGED FE 2.0

Default Active display not working for Sms

It seems that since the 4.4.2 update I have stopped receiving active display notifications for all sms. The phone displays the active display time upon receiving the sms and I get the notification in the notification bar, but that it. I've verified that this issue exists for multiple sms apps (textra, hangouts, stock) and checked to make sure active display has these apps checked off in the settings. I'm at a loss. Anyone with any nifty ideas?

Default Re: Active display not working for Sms

Quote Originally Posted by deadpenguins View Post
    It seems that since the 4.4.2 update I have stopped receiving active display notifications for all sms. The phone displays the active display time upon receiving the sms and I get the notification in the notification bar, but that it. I've verified that this issue exists for multiple sms apps (textra, hangouts, stock) and checked to make sure active display has these apps checked off in the settings. I'm at a loss. Anyone with any nifty ideas?
    I might be misunderstanding you but if they are checked "off" then that is why your not getting them in the active display. When they are checked "ON" you will get them through active display.
    davidnc likes this.

I had a similar issue. I cleared the active display data and rebooted the phone then it worked fine. Might work for you.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    GummyCHARGED FE 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I might be misunderstanding you but if they are checked "off" then that is why your not getting them in the active display. When they are checked "ON" you will get them through active display.
    Yes I meant checked "ON". I guess I was thinking of the expression of "checking something off" when it's completed, but you have pointed out how ambiguous that expression is, haha.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    GummyCHARGED FE 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by warfare003 View Post
    I had a similar issue. I cleared the active display data and rebooted the phone then it worked fine. Might work for you.

Posted via Android Central App
    Well it wouldn't let me clear the data, but I decided to uninstall the updates and that worked, so thanks!