Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Strange Launcher bug

Hi all,

So my girlfriend just got a Moto X and ran into a strange bug with the launcher. Totally out of the blue her home screen text and app drawer text turned into these weird square symbols.

I did some googling and came up with nothing. She is totally stock. I've never had the issue on my X but I also don't use the stock launcher.

A simple reboot fixed the issue but I wanted to know if any of you have run into this problem. Picture attached.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    32,676 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Strange Launcher bug

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    Hi all,

So my girlfriend just got a Moto X and ran into a strange bug with the launcher. Totally out of the blue her home screen text and app drawer text turned into these weird square symbols.

I did some googling and came up with nothing. She is totally stock. I've never had the issue on my X but I also don't use the stock launcher.

A simple reboot fixed the issue but I wanted to know if any of you have run into this problem. Picture attached.

Thanks! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/jubezyba.jpg
    I haven't, but I don't use the stock launcher either. As long as it isn't coming back, I would just consider it to be an instance where the OS went somewhere south of stupid and the reboot put it back in it's place.