Moto X: Phone is possessed

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have no idea whats going on with the phone. For the past week it has been acting extremely messed up.
For example, when I try to play music (i use google play music) the screen starts going blank and becomes unresponsive for several minutes. When I go in the car to play through BT, I will notice something similar as well. I turned BT off to see if that was causing it, but it still persisted. When I look through my gallery, it will sometimes do it as well. Most of the time, the phone will reboot by itself after it wigs out. If it doesnt reboot, I try powering it off, gives me more issues, then reboots instead of fully turning off. Sometimes it will get stuck on that "powering off" screen, the vibration goes crazy, doesnt stop until I keep pressing buttons.

Im not able to pinpoint whats causing this as it seems to be completely random. The only "changes" I did to the phone was that I downloaded a game called Hugby and have immediately removed it though the problem still continues.

I dont want to hard reset as its such a pain, I already did it after installing 4.4

Now that I think of it, this started happening after I received 4.4.2.

Any thoughts or suggestions to avoid hard reset?

Last edited by a moderator:

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone is possessed

thank you, i just tried it, i will give it a few days and see if it made a diff. i will post back with results.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

unfortunately didnt work, problem persisted soon after i wiped cache. im going to do a hard reset in a moment, im just backing up the phone right now. i will post back if problem still occurs.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

so i just did a backup using mobilego from wondershare (horrible program, stupid. doesnt restore your phone to your original settings, it just transfers everything back and makes you set up your phone back to the way you had it) and restored the phone. im quite annoyed by the poor backup/restore lack of options that android doesnt have.